Manager DCO, Edge
Amazon Web Services is a fast-paced Cloud Computing technology company and a Global leader in the Data Center space. To support the demands of our customers as we continue to significantly expand our operations across APAC , we need a proven Data Center technology focused manager to be a part of our infrastructure management team.
We require a strong technical minded individual with a passion for devising innovative concepts and strategies that will take our Data Center Operations to the next level. We are looking for a manager who can collaborate, lead and mentor a team of skilled Data Center Technicians.
As a successful applicant, you will get to manage a part of the World's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
You will have the ability to refine and develop processes to optimize operational excellence in every area of your role.
You will be able to drive performance levels to achieve the pace we build and operate our Data Centers at. You will have previous experience in Data Centers, either building or managing (or both) along with exposure to developing great relationships with both internal teams and external vendors.
You will also have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day! .
Some high-level responsibilities include:
• Managing and developing a team of skilled Technicians, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring the highest levels of performance.
• Constantly improving all our processes and procedures. (We believe there is nothing we cannot improve).
• Assisting & managing relationships with external vendors & contractors.
• Liaising with internal teams & management groups.
• Ensuring we adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centers.
• Creating and maintaining metrics of all aspects of our operations and utilizing those metrics to drive positive improvements.
• Assisting in implementing service methodologies that include incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management.
• Coordinate change management resources.
• Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues.
• Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs.
• Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations.
• Host weekly staff meetings.
• Ability to oversee multiple geographically-separated locations including up to 50% travel Basic Qualifications
• Requires 4+ years managing people in a technical environment with working knowledge of Data Centers.
• The ideal candidate must have good team, organizational and planning skills, as well as stringent time management skills to balance dynamic workloads in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems.
• In-depth knowledge and expertise in change/incident management.
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical teams.
• High literacy in security and customer data protection.
• Greatly developed problem analysis and critical thinking experience.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Networking experience and knowledge of cabling best practices
• In-depth hardware architectures knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
• 2+ years building strong, successful technical teams in a similar culture
• High degree of organization and detail-orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven track record of success in managing network or data center operations teams
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product
• Ability to consistently deliver results despite competing priorities and distractions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity