Network Engineer, Amazon Web Services - Sydney, Australia
Amazon is the earth's most customer centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Engineers for our expanding teams. Just to start, you will be working on the networks that support the Earth's largest cloud provider. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. While expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
Why Australia? Our Sydney offices are growing rapidly and you could be part of that! This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon and Amazon Web Services and build something great. You would be joining a world class technical team, working with some of the biggest and brightest engineers in the industry. Not only would you be working with the best, you would be developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest- growing, most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
Please visit this link to learn more in-depth about our roles: https://aws.amazon.com/careers/network-careers-syd/.
Our teams are hiring!
Network Reliability Engineering team:
NRE (Network Reliability Engineering) team is primarily responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon's Retail and Web Services networks. This team plays a key role in responding to operational changes in the network, determining root cause, and working with internal teams and external vendors/ISPs with the goal of returning to a fully operational state. Additionally, the team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it grows.
Network Scaling and Deployment team:
Network Scaling and Deployment group builds and grows the Amazon network worldwide. We constantly adopt new and exciting technologies into super scale network topologies to provide ever growing demand for network capacity and ensure reliability for external and internal Amazon customers. We expect our network engineers to be passionate about new technologies, to be curious and learn constantly, drive new and effective ways to build and grow networks and do adhere to operational excellence.
Internet Services Networking team:
The Internet Services - Border team is responsible for architecting and designing the networks that connect Amazon to the outside world (including the Internet, peers, and external customers), evolving the global backbone, and partnering with internal and external customer to deliver new services. Engineers on this team make day-to-day and strategic decisions that carry a huge amount of responsibility and global impact. Basic Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols
- Experience with Large Scale Networks
- Great Ethernet and IP networking knowledge with heavy experience in the application of IP protocols
- Independently solve complex problems while applying appropriate technologies
- Own inventing, designing and building networks, systems and processes that are stable and performant
- Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, scalability or availability of a process, product or service
- Excellent in diagnosing problems within a network
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and peers to develop project ideas into project plans
- Help your team evolve by actively participating in design reviews, operational reviews, architecture discussions, team planning and ticket/metric reviews
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Participate in training new team-mates and actively recruit for your team
- Curious about scripting and basic coding - with the willingness to learn Preferred Qualifications
- Linux/Unix Experience
- Automation Experience
- Experience with one of: Quagga or BIRD or White box switching
- Experience with orchestration or automation
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architecture