Network Technician, Infrastructure Delivery
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our team within network infrastructure deployment. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to drive the expansion of our next-generation networks.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data-center locations and be responsible for day-to-day assistance with capacity management. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Program Managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Key job responsibilities
• Be prudent and be competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity all combined with a proven project delivery methodology;
• Follow agreed timelines as there are high levels of autonomous work where you will need to be comfortable working individually to ensure the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks;
• Have the desire to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and always think about ways to improve the current process;
• Perform cabling, labelling, certification and patching of server positions to network equipment;
• Perform inventory of onsite tools and materials;
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll-out of new or upgraded network hardware;
• Manage/Update work through ticketing system and workflows;
• Partner with multiple stakeholders to remove project's obstacles.
A day in the life
A normal day involve working inside a data center installing network equipment and cables, managing vendors, and negotiating deadlines with program managers. You will be responsible for running multiple projects at the same time. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 60% travel outside traditional work area will be required;
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and routing protocols;
• Experience with infrastructure technologies, best practices and methodologies;
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter and OTDR;
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction;
• Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords;
• Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment;
• Ability to adjust priorities according to fluctuating needs and deadlines. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Background in large-scale data-center network implementations and support.
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently deadlines;
• Provide sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement;
• Experience with major networking operating systems (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc);
• Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus;
• Expereince with small to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment.
• Able to work at high places (3-4mts) on ladders;
• Able to move and lift equipment.
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.