Oceania Assurance Technology Manager - Sydney
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity in a new and dynamic team in Sydney. The successful candidate will be an experienced Senior or Manager and reporting line will be to the APAC Assurance Technology in Sydney.
The operations of technology, data analytics and automation is a key focus of EY's Assurance practice and an integral part of the audit services we provide to our clients. The APAC Assurance Technology team collaborates with Assurance teams and IT to deliver strategic technology solutions for a wide range of clients. This is a newly created role as the business has a greater focus on the Digital Audit and maturation of the operational functions. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- The Oceania Assurance Technology Leader will be responsible for managing and maintaining all operational elements of the Oceania Assurance technology operations - this is inclusive of the Assurance Tools and Oceania Data Delivery environment.
- Oversee the technology budget for Technology for Oceania Assurance
- Managing operational issues as they pertain to the Audit Tools, business processes such as archiving and Data Delivery Infrastructure and Automation
- Assisting with the managing offshore team in the Philippines who perform the transformation of files and delivery of analytics for Audit Teams.
- Liaising with Oceania Assurance Digital Leader, Oceania PPD and Helix Leader to prioritise and deliver technology projects and operations for Oceania Assurance.
- Provide daily, weekly and ad hoc reporting for leadership
- Prepare user guides and documentation for support enablement
- Prepare business communications for system outages and testing events - EY Canvas (Audit Tool) and Data Delivery
- Ability to facilitate continuous improvement
- Managing the business requirements and updates for Automation UAT environment and bespoke analytics environments.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to build relationships with leadership and all levels of staff, (face-to-face and virtually) effectively
- Ability to 'self-manage', keep to deadlines, communicate work progress and escalate high issues when required.
- Ability to work in the detail yet have discussions of a strategic nature with leadership.
- Tertiary qualification with Project Management experience
- External audit experience - not essential but viewed positively.
- Experience in deployment and support of technology and/or analytics solutions.
- Good understanding and keen interest in IT
- Strong attention to detail is required whilst not losing focus on the bigger picture
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
Who are Assurance?
- Immediate availability (preferred)
- Experience working for a global Big4 accounting firm
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.