Operations - Securities Operations Associate
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent. Position Overview
Deutsche Bank was the first depositary bank to develop the Transferable Custody Receipt (TCR) market in 1998. Since then Deutsche Bank has successfully established TCRs in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico.
TCRs are negotiable and tradable securities issued by a Depositary Bank (e.g. Deutsche Bank) that are transferable financial instruments listed on local stock exchanges. Issued by the Depositary Bank, TCRs represent an equity interest in ordinary or foreign shares of a non-local issuer with the Depositary Bank performing a fiduciary role.
The Depositary Bank performs various shareholder related functions such as receiving and disseminating information to TCR investors, collecting and distributing shares or cash (in local currencies) to TCR holders, and extending other entitlements where possible.
TraCRs was launched in October 2018, this role will be reporting to a Vice President in Australia Operations and will form part of the GTB Operations team supporting the TraCR product
- Document business requirements, determine key operating procedures and controls
- Build control/governance metrics and design relevant MIS reporting
- Formulate and drive product strategy and implementation across
- Operational remit
- Preparing and uploading corporate event announcements the predetermined local exchange tools on a timely and accurate basis
- Communicating final entitlement details to the local transfer agent
- Resolving and responding to any queries from the exchange, transfer agent, or regulatory entities relevant to TraCR corporate event announcements
- Preparing and communicating income distribution details to the transfer agent
- Coordinating the issuance and cancellation instruction flow with the transfer agent
- Coordinating the underlying securities instruction flow with the U.S . custodian
- Preparing and/or executing local currency cash payments to/from transfer agent (e.g. income distributions and/or collection of fees)
- Daily reconciliation of related cash and securities activity between Transfer Agent and U.S. custodian
- Daily reporting of transaction activity and balances between transfer agent and U.S. custodian
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years' experience in the financial services industry
- General knowledge of: securities instruments, with a focus on equities / foreign exchange and depositary receipts
- Strong understanding of: securities and cash settlements / market related software applications - IRESS, Bloomberg/corporate action events (rights issues, M&A, ratio changes, share consolidations / stock splits, spin-offs and sale of rights)
- Experience of: dealing/communicating with external entities such as: stock exchanges, transfer agents, central securities depositaries (e.g. CHESS, DTCC) and regulatory entities equivalent Operations environment, including risk management, commercial acumen, and regulatory/market initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, ability to face off to senior Operations and Front Office management and deal with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience with people management strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically and be solution focused whilst influencing others to work in a similar way
- Individual must be highly disciplined and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task within strict deadlines in a high volume and complex environment while mitigating risk
- Comfortable or experience working with virtual global teams in a matrix organization
- Maintain pace with technical and operational innovation while maintaining a broad understanding of the end-to-end Operations offering.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.