Senior Cloud Operations Specialist
Are you a Senior Technology Leader looking to make a strategic impact on how business achieve operational excellence in the cloud?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of customers are currently leveraging AWS cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
We're looking for a Senior Cloud Operations Specialist for our customers across Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC). You'll be one of the founding members of a new team of subject matter experts, ensuring customer success as they migrate their workloads to the cloud using the AWS platform. You will help bring the latest cutting-edge solutions while providing guidance on operational challenges faced by organizations in the AWS Cloud.
In this senior, autonomous role you'll focus on delivering operational guidance through the development and use of AWS Enterprise Support tools like the Cloud Operations Review (COR). It will also include collaboration with and utilization of other AWS frameworks like Well-Architected (WA), and the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF). Short video showing the impact our wider Enterprise Support team has on customers can be found here https://bit.ly/2YIgP5G
Other responsibilities include :-
• As a trusted advisor, you'll solve some of the most complex and large-scale cloud operations challenges in the world today.
• Partner directly with the C-Suite executives to achieve high impact, strategic transformation
• Help build our delivery and best practice framework (COR), helping millions of customers achieve operational excellence
• Constantly gather feedback from AWS customers and maturing our global COR framework to be more relevant.
• Using your expertise and customer feedback, you'll have a direct impact in the continued improvement of our AWS Enterprise Support tools with a global user base and drive adoption.
• Gain a deep understanding customers' operational needs and technical challenges to ensure they achieve the greatest value from AWS as they scale.
• A a leader, you'll help uplift our operational effectiveness and capabilities of customers in the region, whilst coaching other technical teams at AWS
• Evangelize best practices around cloud operations and reliability to a global team of Technical Account Managers.
• As part of a wider Enterprise Support team you'll provide post sales, consultative expertise to some of the most iconic businesses in the region in the area of Cloud Operations
There are plenty of opportunities to develop your management, consulting and technical skills as we continue to rapidly expand in APJC. You'll also have the chance to receive mentorship and gain AWS certifications.
Want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? We'd love to hear from you. Basic Qualifications
• Experience in a similar role as a Transformation Consultant, Practice Manager, Cloud Service Delivery Manager, Cloud Operations Manager, Senior Technical Account Manager, Principal Solutions Architect, Programe Manager etc
• Consulting / IT Vendor experience working with large multi-national organizations
• Understanding of cloud operations, hybrid cloud environments and cloud migration projects at scale, particularly from an operational effectiveness and reliability perspective
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
• Strong automation mindset and passion to identify strategies to mitigate going forward.
• Track record of implementing the cloud best practices (provisioning, deployment, monitoring using AGILE / Devops methodologies and tools) for Fortune 100 companies or large internet scale startups.
• Ability to work across an Asia context (Australia/New Zealand, ASEAN, India, Korea, Japan and China).
• Ability to travel intra APJC or internationally as needed (approx 20%). Preferred Qualifications
• Software development experience in automation, tools and dashboards. Experience in a high-level programing language such as Python, Golang or Java
• Internal enterprise experience working with a wide range of internal stakeholders on operations implementation or migration with a company-wide impact.
• Similar experience as a Cloud Operations Consultant / Specialist supporting internet scale workloads.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.