Senior SAP Technical Architect
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Senior SAP Technical Architect
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers architect their SAP workloads onto AWS? Do you like to work on a variety of projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS and SAP best practices?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical SAP architect to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS is enabling use cases that have never been done before. AWS is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating SAP solution architectures that have never been done before, providing customers with unprecedented value. We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Architecting SAP solutions for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
• Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS use cases
• Setting-up and configuring SAP based on best practices
• Automating SAP deployment, configuration and operations
• Creating scripts, tools and services
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient
• Experience and deep knowledge of SAP systems (like SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, SAP Mobility etc) and their architecture and infrastructure needs
• Experience and deep knowledge of SAP Basis / NetWeaver Administration
• Extensive consulting or "big enterprise" experience
• Knowledge of Technical Architecture and Core Infrastructure concepts, with a strong bias towards cloud experience or large scale datacentre migrations.
• Evidence of design, process improvement, scripting
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; Masters degree desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations
• The right person will possess 7+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting experience in the software or Internet industries and demonstrate a strong understanding of SAP applications and security
• Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed.
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects within the region
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Experience in SAP sizing
• Experience in SAP installation
• Experience in SAP backup and recovery
• Experience in SAP high-availability architecture
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
• Experience with automated testing tools (ie. HP Loadrunner)