Software Development Engineer - Incident Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We recently launched a new AWS product, Incident Manager, right here in Sydney, focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads. Our team works across the full stack - from highly scalable back end services, massively distributed data processing systems and Machine Learning agents to intuitive UX.
We are an established team of developers with years of experience building AWS services. As we build, we grow and we're looking for software developers that are passionate about delivering amazing software to our customers worldwide who can help us deliver on our lofty product goals. We are looking for full stack software engineers with experience in distributed data, scalability, and system architecture and with exceptional technical expertise and fearless creativity.
On our team you will build with a global focus on customers everywhere, bringing your talent for software development at scale and passion for teamwork to bear. You will have the autonomy and independence to own substantial parts of the problem, with significant opportunity to define your own direction and plans. You will also join our strong development culture which includes regular tech talks, deep dive training and a passion for taking a break around a board game!
If you are passionate about building high impact software with new technologies and are eager to take on and solve challenging problems while delivering an amazing customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of professional experience in a software environment, developing high quality code.
• Proficient in at least one or more object-oriented programming language: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C++ or Kotlin.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of designing systems that scale through software (architecture, design patterns and reliability).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch etc.)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."