- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 25 Sep 17
The Architect is responsible for guiding the Application Development team through the development process. Ensures
development is being done right the first time and has an understanding of how their products relate with other products, and
insures interdependencies are in focus.
Makes design decisions and technology recommendations to satisfy business requirements based on the product
roadmap/vision. Establishes a coherent architecture vision of how FIS enterprise software and infrastructure technology will be
applied to best address current and expected future application needs.
Continuously communicates the vision in an audience-appropriate manner, both internally and externally, from developers and
designers to business owners and customers.
Ensures lead developers and designers are familiar with application, software and infrastructure technology assets, standards,
and requirements along with software development best practices. Assists in the identification of patterns, techniques, tools,
and processes that contribute to effective project execution and business-unit profitability.
- Analyzes highly complex project requirements to determine impact and/or change to the system architecture. Evaluates the need for architecture changes and conducts appropriate cost/benefit analyses. Contributes to technical designs for system projects, as required. Works with senior management to secure approval for system architecture and/or related components that do not adhere to corporate technology standards. Ensures the successful implementation of system architecture changes and monitors changes for increased system efficiency. Works with Systems Developers, Analysts to address application performance issues.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Develops, documents, and executes thorough technical test plans and protocols to ensure that architectural changes are working properly. Provides risk identification role. Conducts testing that may include the use of batch scripts, online processes, databases, or interface files.
- Provides information to educate the customer and monitors customer's satisfaction. Effectively handles demanding or upset customers. Understands the customers underlying issues and concerns beyond the given. Looks for ways to provide unexpected value to the customer's situation.
- Proactively determines and resolves potential issues.
- Determines, describes and documents the most effective technical approach to define and resolve identified problems. Maintains system architecture diagrams, including all related components.
- Develops and recommends new processes, tools, and technology that improves the system and/or its architecture.
- Handles multiple, highly complex projects from inception to completion.
- Conducts analysis, design and evaluation of system architecture capabilities across multiple areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education,
- training, or work experience.
- Must have led the technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside the realm of immediate workgroup.
- Demonstrated experience as the application development system designer or technical lead on many projects.
- Experience in full life cycle development with an emphasis on incremental, iterative development and deployment is required
- Advanced knowledge of system development tools and languages is required: Java, JEE, SQL (Oracle), XML, Hibernate, EJB
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including Agile, waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development).
- Experience in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts.
- Knowledge of: RESTful Services, Web Services, SOAP, WebSphere, WebLogic, JMS, MQ will be an asset
- Knowledge of: Akka (including persistence and clusters) Mesos, DC/OS, Docker, CQRS, Event sourcing will be an asset.
- Knowledge /Expertise of payments and financial services industry will be an asset
- Excellent customer facing/presentation skills
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application.
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware,
- network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices.
- Very good English.
- working in the innovative and entrepreneurial environment of a growing international firm
- joining a team of talented experts in banking and payment solutions
- flexible working arrangements
- competitive salary and benefits