Sr Solutions Architect, Serverless
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 19
Sr Solutions Architect, Serverless
The next great evolution of cloud computing is serverless. Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you want to help mould the future of how customers build amazing applications with AWS? Are you a deeply technical individual who is looking to shape the future of serverless technologies? If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right to join our Specialist Solution Architecture team, focusing on serverless technologies.
Increasingly, developers are moving to a "cloud native" application development approach. Serverless Computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about infrastructure or server based operations. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. At the core of serverless computing is AWS Lambda and API Gateway. AWS Lambda lets you run your code without provisioning or managing servers. With Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service, and it takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability. Amazon API Gateway is a fully managed API service that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale. Additionally, API Gateway provides companies with an easy way to build/integrate their APIs with the AWS Marketplace and start monetizing their processes and data. These powerful capabilities build on the wider serverless ecosystem of tools including Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Step Functions, Amazon SQS and SNS, Amazon Kinesis, AWS IoT, Amazon S3, etc.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with Account Managers, Solutions Architects and support teams to help customers learn and use AWS serverless services.
• Devise Strategy - Work with Account Managers and Solutions Architects to define a strategy for engaging key accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide global thought leadership on the serverless application lifecycle and how AWS Services can benefit customers. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as AWS Blogs, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as the internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants and Technical Account Managers.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst both our customers, and our worldwide solution architect community
• Hands on experience with Serverless technologies
• 5-10 years of application delivery experience
• A background in application development and devops practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Experience in working with customers who are deploying cloud solutions
• Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar
• Hands on experience leading large-scale serverless delivery projects
• Hands on experience working with event-driven or microservices architectures
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of application development, agile delivery and devops
• Ability to work in a polyglot environment - flexibility around learning new programming languages and tools
• Hands on experience as a software delivery engineer, manager, system development engineer or developer support engineer
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
• Understanding of application, server, web services and network security is highly desired
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or math highly desired; working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired
• AWS Professional Certification, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional
• Ability to work with training development and delivery both internally and externally