Undertake designated activities within the department to ensure service standards are achieved and risks managed. Supervise other staff as requested who are responsible for carrying out a range of demanding clerical, reconciling, data administration and control / monitoring services and duties, in order to ensure timely delivery of a quality service to clients, other Bank ABC units and departments in line with agreed service standards and within budgets.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role
- As appropriate oversee the workflow of other colleagues, giving appropriate advice, guidance and direction to ensure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- As directed, support/undertake the timely execution of operational strategy to support Bank ABC’s wider business objectives
- Carry out a range of demanding clerical, data input, reconciliation, data administration and monitoring services, ensuring that the work is completed accurately, on time and in adherence to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external regulations.
- Provide expert advice across Trade Finance Operation products to less experienced team members in order to ensure accurate service delivery to end customer
- By applying Trade expertise, respond to a range of demanding enquiries/support requested by Bank ABC customers, internal stakeholder and other departments/units with appropriate case investigation
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff concerned.
- Ensure that the work processed by self and the team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards, and relevant external requirements.
- Identify and suggest improvements to new and existing processes / procedures / systems and the way in which the team operates to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions, bank products and services to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new or upgrades to existing IT systems and new products including the performance of robust user testing in accordance with bank standards.
- Prepare periodical reports and escalating irregularities to management and other regulating units/parties.
- Provide back-up cover for other colleagues absent due to sickness, training, annual leave etc.
- Flexible to provide business support during weekends, bank holidays and other times (including working hours at night) when the Bank would usually be closed in Bahrain, but markets are open in other parts of the world.
- Supervise, motivate and develop team members in a multicultural environment so that their individual & collective performance meets the standards required, providing coaching support where appropriate.
- Undertake duties at a similar or higher level as required.
- Undertake delivery of designated activities in order to provide an effective service to other departments/units in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Where required verify and check the work of other colleagues.
- When required support line management with the implementation of changes in own work area.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting standards and ICC rules and standards for Trade Finance products
- Excellent understanding of Trade Finance products, services, operations, and technology gained from hands on experience in operational roles.
- Familiarity with and exposure to Change Management Methodologies.
- Proven experience in IT systems user acceptance testing.
- Ability to understand complicated products management monitoring requirements.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations as well as Project documentation e.g. Business Cases, Progress Reports etc.
- Oral Communication: Uses clear, concise and jargon-free speech to explain products/services/procedures and resolve problems. Uses effective telephone manner with customer/colleagues.
- Written Communication: Produces written responses to enquiries using appropriate wording. Produces clear and accurate written material.
- Self / Work Organization: Knows how to prioritize tasks and diarize effectively to achieve deadlines. When appropriate co-ordinates and allocates tasks, ensuring full and effective use of resources available.
- Keyboard / Software Applications: Has a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office software including Visio and systems appropriate to the role and can input and extract information to provide a variety of reports.
- Performance Review & Development: Knows and uses methods of collecting objective data to contribute towards the review process.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or qualification in the following fields Finance, Banking, Accounting, Business or Risk Management
- Professional Qualification related to Business or Management (Lean / Six Sigma, ACT, CMI, ICA, etc.)
- At least two ICC International certifications from CITF, CDCS, CSDG
Experience and Personal Attributes
- 4-6 years of experience in Trade Finance Operations
- Perceives changes as opportunities to learn and not threats.
- Sees change from the perspective of the customer.
- Team Player and Self-motivated who gains and develops skills set to meet challenging requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and proactively with minimum supervision.
- Strong time management and results orientation.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, ‘can do’ attitude and ability to think beyond what is being requested.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written in English and ideally one other ABC business language, i.e. Arabic, French or Portuguese; to ensure effective interactions with all levels in the business.
- Ability to speak in public and to senior stakeholders confidently.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Flexible with rotational operating window (including night shift) to support client base in other geographies