AVP, Debt Capital Markets
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 17 May 19
To support the Head of CM & DCM in building the Debt Capital Markets platform. This includes support on all origination and execution efforts including preparing pitchbooks and other client marketing materials, market updates, pipelines, internal deal memos, revenue reports, deal execution documentation, roadshow materials, etc. Work closely with other stakeholders such as Syndications, Trading, Sales, and Wholesale Banking for Capital Markets related businesses.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Support the CM team in the origination, structuring, and implementation process around bond and Sukuk transactions
- Actively assist the CM and DCM heads to achieve the strategic and revenue objectives for the Capital Markets business
- Help roll out the DCM product suite in the Bank's target markets. Work closely with the RMs and Country Management team in rolling out the products to their Clients
- Prepare financial analysis, financial modeling (where applicable), teasers, pitchbooks, marketing materials, mandate letters, and internal approvals to help win DCM business
- Support the DCM Head in all aspects of deal execution including coordinating with legal counsel, other JLMs, and other third parties
- To work with other frontline stakeholders in the Bank including Treasury & Financial Markets, Syndications, Wholesale Banking, and Islamic
- Maintain & manage the DCM pipeline under supervision from Head of DCM
- To cooperate and coordinate with other stakeholders such as Risk, Legal, Compliance, and Operations to ensure transactions are executed correctly and in line with policies & processes
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
- At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
- Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for your area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
- Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
- This role is a key support role in the newly set up DCM platform. It is critical to the success of the DCM business
- The role is very demanding in a very competitive market that is dictated by dynamic factors such as liquidity, pricing, rates and risk
- Investment Banking products preferably DCM
Education / Certifications
- BSc/BA (Finance related), CFA/MBA (although not necessary)
- 8-10 years of which at least 3-5 years in investment banking related
- Experience in deal origination/execution, knowledge of power point, excel, financial modeling skills, etc
- Team player and able to work collaboratively
- Passion to perform with an eye for detail