Audit Senior Manager - Banking
- £68000 - £72000
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 05 Feb 19
Change Recruitment Group are in Partnership with one of their key Global Practice clients in Bahrain who are looking to appoint an Audit Senior Manager.
Change Recruitment Group are in Partnership with one of their key Global Practice clients in Bahrain who are looking to appoint an Audit Senior Manager. This will be a great opportunity for an experienced Financial Services (Banking) Auditor to grow their career in a supportive, international and collaborative work environment.
Candidate MUST have strong Financial Services, Banking (primary) and Managerial (secondary) Expertise:
About the LOCATION:
Bahrain has been an expat hotspot for decades. Located at the heart of the Persian Gulf and is a commercial and cultural hub of the region.
Expats moving to Bahrain for professional reasons will discover that the salaries are known to be competitive. There are also no personal taxes, adding to its appeal as an expat destination. Most people living and working in Bahrain maintain that they earn a larger disposable income and have a higher standard of living that they did in their home countries. Expats constitute a major part of the workforce, at almost 70 percent.
About the ROLE:
- You will be an Audit engagement manager for financial services clients which may include listed audit
- clients, retail banks/ corporate commercial banks, etc
- Project manage statutory audits and related services; ensure that the audits are conducted in line
- with Firm’s audit methodology including adhering to risk management procedures
- Establishing client relationships, anticipating client needs, responding to their queries, being alert
- to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy and referring matters upwards if necessary
- Monitoring the execution of external audit engagements within agreed budgets and deadlines,
- explaining variances in budgets and collects cash on time
- Reporting to audit partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions. Achieve growth by
- understanding Firm, its service lines and actively assessing/ presenting ways to apply
- Knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the client’s industry and marketplace to lead the audit team
- on proposed solutions and how to implement them
- Provide technical training sessions to staff and clients at high level
- Setting objectives (goal-setting) with the audit team, provide support and coaching to subordinate
- staff, and provide them feedback on their performance
- Work with other managers to help ensure proper deployment of audit staff
- Participation in overall practice management by taking administrative/ other responsibilities within
- the Audit Department
- Professional qualifications – CA, ACCA, ACA, C PA
- 10 -12 years in public auditing and accounting, with a Big 4 Audit firm (9+ years PQE)
- Working in the capacity of Manager/ Sr. Manager with a BIG 4 firm with experience in Financial
- Services Sector (preferable: Retail Banking sector)
- Good working knowledge of retail banking industry
- Working knowledge of IFRS including latest developments
· The position offers good prospects for career progression and development, working with high profile clients, both Firm’s global clients, as well as large local clients.
· ATTRACTIVE expatriate package offered.
· The client exposure and developing market experience will further your career greatly in addition to providing you with a personal experience that may not be replicated elsewhere in the world.