1. Job Purpose
This role resides within second line of defense, part of the Group Credit.
The Credit Support Officer (CSO) reports to Head of Policy, Procedures, Portfolio Review ＆ Credit Support, who in turn reports to the Group Chief Credit Officer who in turn reports to the Group Chief Credit & Risk Officer who reports to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
2. Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role
The CSO is responsible for delivering and coordinating the following key activities:
- Timely circulation of Credit Application Forms (CAF), tracking, follow-up and completion of GCC/HOCC voting process. This includes CMS, printed or email CAFs;
- Manage GCC committee diaries and agendas. Collating material for voting members and other logistic support;
- Meeting Management and Minutes of Group Credit Monitoring & Portfolio Forums, and any other ad hoc meetings, forums and committees;
- The Group-wide Account Requiring Close Monitoring Report;
- Annual Reviews Tracking;
- Escalation and follow-up of payment overdues and any other account irregularities;
- Monitoring of Regulatory Large Exposure thresholds;
- Forbearances monitoring report;
- KRIs and ARC Objectives reporting;
- GCC Action Point reporting, follow-up and update;
- Support CBB Quarterly PIR Submissions;
- Support any ad-hoc portfolio review or MI reporting, as and when required;
- Concentration thresholds monitoring report;
- Tracking of Audit, GAQR, RCSA, and OP Risk reports;
- Service subscriptions, such as Rating Agencies contract;
- Assist with country limits adjustments and update;
- Assist with implementation of credit & risk PSPs;
- To assist the Credit Policy and Portfolio Review Officer in given projects and assignments which will be as a growth opportunity and part of the learning curve for the CSO.
- As and when required, acts as the key liaison between the Credit Risk Management, Group Finance, Group Ops, and Wholesale Banking Middle Office reporting teams and Group Credit.
- Ensuring that the reporting and governance structures are maintained at all times;
- From time to time, the CSO will be required to assist in the delivery of ad-hoc reports;
- The CSO will assist in the update of CMS data, as and when required;
- As and when required, support credit and risk projects from the reporting, procedures, and governance scheduling point of view.
- The CSO is to encourage the development of the team as a whole and ensure that his/her own skills are current and that courses are completed on areas requiring development.
- The encouragement of development of the team could be through coaching, arranging seminars or circulating interesting and relevant news to the group.
- Seeking out feedback and acting upon it is particularly useful.
- As requested, the CSO is to assist in coordinating social activities across Group Credit and the wider community.
3. Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job)
This role acts as a support to Group Credit on all matters relating to the credit approval, review, monitoring, reporting and policies & processes.
The job holder is expected to:
- Understand risk strategy and appetite documents.
- Monitor and report on the bank’s different credit portfolios including FI and Corporate names.
- Demonstrate compliance with the bank’s policies, standards and procedures.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements in Bahrain and beyond.
- Recognise the need to balance risk-prudence with actual market-practices/pressures and support growth of a sustainable well managed risk portfolio.
4. Job Requirements
- Familiarity with key banking products;
- Understanding of Credit and Business functions;
- Understanding of the content, origination, preparation and publication of reports produced in the bank impacting on credit risk;
- Knowledge and interpretation of accounting and regulatory guidelines is preferable
Education / Certifications
- At least an undergraduate degree with an element of finance or equivalent
- Professional Certificate in Risk is preferable
- At least 5-8 years’ experience, preferably with an international bank demonstrating cultural awareness
- Work as team member, good communication, problem solving and presentation skills, accountability, transparent and open