Job Purpose: This position is responsible to implement and operationalize Group Compliance policies and procedures including on financial crime compliance, and to assist with building and ensuring Group framework to track, analyze and implement applicable regulations across ABC BSC.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Act as the MLRO’s delegate and assist in providing an efficient financial crime function which conforms with relevant laws and regulations
- Contribute in developing a robust financial crime framework to mitigate FC risks.
- Manage the review, analysis and escalation process of “unusual/suspicious” transactions and alerts generated from financial crime systems.
- Perform gap analyses to identify systems and processes that must be updated.
- Review Correspondent Banks AML questionnaires
- Manage complex KYC’s on-boarding and reviews escalations
- Support the MLRO in audit missions and/or inspection reports including follow up, ensuring corrective actions taken and closure of recommendation.
- Support the testing and implementation of new reports and financial crime related management information.
- Preparation of reports for both Regulator and internal stakeholders.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing and oversight of 1st line of defense.
- Perform User Acceptance Test (UAT) and the roll-out of FC Systems and provide input on business requirements, validation exercise etc.
- Provide financial crime compliance support and guidance over various FC topics.
- Provide training sessions to staff related to targeted FC trends and systems.
- Provide mentoring to compliance officers in order to ensure a consistent quality of work within the team
- Recommend areas of improvement and improved process efficiencies within the MLRO Team.
- Be an active member in FC related committees and in particular, the Compliance Financial Crime Committee (CFCC)
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear written and spoken communications a
- Strong background and understanding of key and applicable FC laws and regulations as well as risks and controls
Education / Certifications
- University graduate & ACAMS (ICA and other compliance related degrees are a plus)
- 5+ years with a financial institution or related professional services firm
- Strong coordination and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for handling diverse situations
- Planning and project management skills Strong time management skills
- Able to work in a dynamic environment while managing change
- Self-motivated and able to be accountable for completing tasks