To provide advice on Strategic HR Projects and broad HR business partnering to Internal and external stakeholders of ABCHO in order to ensure a high quality, pro-active and efficient HR services to the Bank including the MANCOM, Department Heads and wider colleagues in the Group.
Scope of the Role Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
General HR Services:
- Liaises with line managers to provide HR services and respond to inquiries on complex, judgmental and confidential issues.
- Conducts market research and preparation of Board level presentations with regard to employee benefits and compensation.
- Provides support and assistance to senior management on project specific tasks.
- Coaching to stakeholders and advising around the commerciality of decisions and the mitigation of risks to the bank.
- Reviewing, creating and recommending strategies on, performance and pay review processes and supporting project management on group HR and business initiatives.
- Build and implement ongoing business relationships with managers at all levels and provide a high quality HR service at all times in line with the Departments’ internal SLA and processes, whilst role modelling the bank’s values.
- Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures and prepares written policies and procedures as necessary.
- Assists team of HR professionals within area of responsibilities and provides functional guidance for administrative support needs.
- Implement where feasible lean and six sigma tools to remove duplication with the HR function and increase efficiency in all areas.
- Provide business partnering support to a specified client group(s) and provide HR Advisory service on people related matters escalating where required to the Group Head of HR.
- Partner with HR Operations to ensure up to date documentation of all HR policies and procedures.
- Participate in communication processes either weekly / monthly within HR department and other HR units within the group, to showcase group HR initiatives and share knowledge and understandings.
- To actively support the HR team and wider business with ad-hoc HR initiatives and projects that contribute to the Department’s objectives and strategic priorities.
- Ensure 100% compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and other statutory requirements when undertaking all tasks.
- Provide support and cover to the Head of HR Operations to ensure Compensation& Benefits matters are supported.
- Manage Employee Relations cases in line with legal, compliance and business needs, while ensuring that all bank and staff entitlements are protected and are within the Bank’s policies and procedures and Internal Staff Regulations (ISR).
- Provide coaching and operate as a role model to HR officer and peers.
- Work to ensure that all agreed values and behaviors are adhered to within the business areas.
- Working closely with the wider HR team to deliver departmental objectives in strict time scales.
Compensation and Benefits:
To assist Group Head of HR Rewards and Operation with reward procedures ensuring a high degree of accuracy and liaising with relevant HR staff members as required.
Advising and refreshing remuneration Policy and employee handbook etc. and developing the function by identifying operational risks and taking remedial action on a range of HR and Compliance (regulatory) related exposures.
Be accountable and responsible for HR projects in support of the Group Head of HR including, the wider HR agenda Projects that have been allocated to the role holder will appear in your smart objectives
HR MIS and Reporting:
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc HR reports for different areas within HR and manage as required.
- Manage the maintenance of HR information system and other databases to ensure accuracy in line with all employee processes.
- Support the Head of HR with data and analytics as required in a time bound manner.
- Ensure 100% security of employee information and ensure HR files comply with data protection regulations, in particular for GDPR.
- Ensure that compliance with PRA and FCA rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- For your area and with the with the HR advisors ensure all checklists are up to date in line with the Bank’s procedures for joiners, movers and leavers.
- Review visa requests in line with the Bank’s policy, prepare visa and work permit applications as required, escalating where required to Deputy Head of HR.
- Provide back up support to HR Payroll manager in producing the HR Key Risk Indicators.
Performance, Training and Development Responsibilities
- To coach and mentor the HR staff as and when required
- To help drive the annual performance cycle for managers who are goal setting and holding performance reviews including systems support for E-Goals.
- To source training providers where required and ensure through HR staff and processes that detailed records of employees’ training and development are maintained
- Assist with external training, when required ensuring all arrangements are in place.
- Strong understanding of Recruitment & Talent Strategies, Compensation & Reward, Training & Development.
- Comfortable working with and updating HR systems and databases.
- Knowledge of central bank and labor law regulations in Bahrain and MENA.
Education / Certifications
- HR related degree or Business Administration degree and at least 10 years’ experience in the area of HR and management.
- CIPD membership desirable but equivalent experience also valued
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Demonstrable IT skills in PowerPoint and Word. (Microsoft Project and Visio also desirable).
- Proven experience of planning and excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Able to work under pressure and deal with competing demands in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with staff of all levels.
- High attention to detail, an individual who takes pride in the quality and standard of work produced.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with data.
- Works with flexibility and the ability to prioritise tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
- Results focused.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with the ability to work independently and able to contribute as a strong team player.
- Able to operate with discreet and confidential matters across a range of cultures