Responsible for the technological direction of AFS. Proposes budgets for programs and projects, purchases and upgrades equipment, supervises Database Management, Applications, Infrastructure and Networking Managers, and presides over IT-related projects.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Participating in the development of strategies and objectives of the division.
- Developing and managing the execution of short-term plans for implementing the approved objectives.
- Flourishing suggestions and recommendations that would enable a more effective and efficient workflow.
- Monitoring the workflow within the department and ensuring that all preventive and corrective actions are being made promptly.
- Participating in developing the division’s budgets and managing the activities within towards achieving the set budget.
- Developing managerial and technical circulars within the division towards the achievement of the set plans and objectives.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, standards, and procedures for AFS App. Development, Product Development, Infrastructure, and Data Management.
- Provide technological guidance and advice within an organization.
- Consult with department managers to exchange information, present new approaches, and to discuss equipment/system changes.
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations for all new computer equipment and software purchased for the company.
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources.
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology departments (Database Management, Applications, Infrastructure and Security).
- Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the company's business objectives.
- Creating and suggesting the information management strategy through consulting with top management and CSO to analyze computer systems needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Directing the implementation of management information systems policies to ensure data accuracy, security and accessibility and manage information technology and computer systems.
- Directing information management budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering and database system strategy.
- Developing periodic reports related to the activities of the department and forwarding them to the COO.
- Recommending training aspects to subordinates and evaluating the outcomes of development and reflecting them properly on work related requirements.
- Overseeing the manpower planning process as per the developed budgets and plans.
- Conducting performance management activities to subordinates and managing the process of ensuring objectives are being met as advised.
- Following up on subordinates personnel affairs such as leaves vacations …etc.
- Advising a deputy to handle the job’s requirements in case of absence or if the need arises.
- Handling any other work-related activities as per the direction of the COO.
- Good understanding of payment/ banking products & services, processes & controls, and payment operations across multiple geographies where AFS operates
- Good understanding and insight into IT process and control framework
Education / Certifications
- A Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 15 years experience in IT, of which 7 years should be within the payments/ banking industry.
- Results orientated with an ability to deliver multiple objectives while maintaining a high quality of work
- Customer centric service driven mindset
- Managing incidents and teams in crisis situations, and problem solving
- Good understanding of AFS strategy, direction and objectives, and the ability to refocus IT team members on AFS priorities
- Clear and effective communicator in verbal and written form
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills and ability to guide, motivate, support and manage a team of people and influence strategic decisions.
- Ability to clearly communicate and instill accountabilities, deliverables and expectations to staff members and third-party partners alike.
- Working knowledge of Program management and associated methodologies, ability to manage entire life cycle from strategy to implementation.
- Strong understanding of banking products, services and operations
- Strong strategy and planning skills.