To plan, organize and control the operational resources of the Treasury Operations team on a day to day basis, in order to ensure effective oversight of the Treasury Front Office and minimize operational risk to the bank. To ensure that all operational activities are executed in a manner that delivers a quality customer service experience whilst ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources. In Addition to support the Group Head of Operations in delivering strategic initiatives across the wider Group.
Reporting to the Group Head of Operations the job holder will support the:
- Creation of a high performing team capable of supporting the strategic plans of Group Treasury,
- Development and deployment of operational best practices using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma as well as Treasury industry knowledge to increase process efficiency whilst minimising operational risks,
- Implementation of Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the team’s operational performance,
- Delivery of strategic change initiatives across ABC in accordance with the priorities agreed by the ABC Mancom.
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing activities and ultimately deliver scalable operational solutions that can be consistently implemented across the Group as required.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have a strong and broad knowledge of Treasury Products and Treasury operational best practices and experience of working as part of a team that develops and delivers transformational change initiatives.
- To build a high performing Treasury Operations team supported by robust succession plans.
- Monitor and challenge (where appropriate), the activities of Group Treasury to ensure that they remain in accordance with the requirements of Group Policies.
- Ensure that all work processed by the Treasury Operations team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external requirements.
- Contribute to the development of a Target Operating Model for Group Treasury Support capability.
- Develop and implement tools and techniques to identify changes that may be required to processes, procedures and or practices in order to support the strategic objectives of Group Treasury.
- Build and deploy standard business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that there is high quality Management Information available on all products with particular attention to Staff Productivity, Errors, Discrepancies and Service Level adherence within both the Front and Back Office.
- Managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members so that individual and collective performance meets the standards required.
- Leading the appraisal process within the team, collecting and keeping appropriate data.
- Ensuring effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff.
- Recommending and implementing changes to the way in which the team operates in order to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in Treasury, Risk, Compliance, Finance and Corporate Banking, Retail Banking and Financial Institutions
- Assessing management information reports, identifying risks and issues and briefing senior managers on major implications for change projects.
- Identifying and assessing trends in issues and workflow, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or co-ordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrence.
- Managing and delivering change initiatives.
- Working with team leaders to embed changes within the Treasury Operations team.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience of derivatives / structured products.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of other Treasury product families including Securities and Islamic products.
- Solid understanding of the commercial nature and risks associated with Treasury related services and products.
- Where appropriate will have a detailed knowledge of the regulatory practices which may impact the work of the department and an understanding of the likely impact of forthcoming change.
- Degree level qualification in banking, finance, accountancy or business administration.
- Recognized Treasury related professional qualification e.g. ACT / MCT / Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment.
- At least 10 to 15 years working experience in Treasury Support areas of which at least 5 have been in a leadership position responsible for team development and strategic change initiatives.