• To plan, organise and control the operational resources of the Bahrain based Wholesale Banking & Islamic operations team on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and operational efficiency, whilst minimising risk to the Bank. Engage closely with key stakeholders in Risk & Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions teams to ensure alignment of strategy and priorities.
To develop and deploy an agreed Wholesale Banking & Islamic Target Operating Model aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives. Successfully lead the program of organizational change that ensures that Wholesale Banking & Islamic Operations within the ABC Group are scalable, efficient and capable of being consistently and accurately measured.
Reporting to the Group Head of Operations the job holder will support the:
- development and deployment of relevant Key Performance metrics to drive a consistent, rigorous and on-going assessment of the Group’s operational capability,
- implementation of Operational Process Improvement initiatives using recognised industry concepts e.g. Lean / Six Sigma across a variety of products, services and channels,
- delivery of strategic change initiatives in the way in which ABC operates Wholesale banking across Group units in accordance with the priorities agreed by the ABC Mancom.
The job holder will play a key role in ensuring the delivery of organisational change and process improvements in order to simplify existing Wholesale and Islamic operational activities and ultimately deliver scalable solutions that can be consistently implemented across the Group.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have excellent knowledge of Wholesale and Islamic Products and related operational best practices and experience of working as part of a team that develops and delivers transformational change initiatives. A solid understanding of Lean or Six Sigma tools and methodologies is also desirable.
- To build a high performing Wholesale Banking and Islamic Operations team supported by robust succession plans.
- Ensure that all work processed by the Wholesale Banking and Islamic Operations team adheres to all specified Bank processes, procedures, standards and relevant external requirements.
- Recognise and determine trends in workflow issues, investigating further when appropriate and implementing changes or coordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrences.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted where required and recommend changes in operating model where appropriate.Leading the development of a Groupwide Target Operating Model for Wholesale Banking and Islamic OperationsBuilding and deploying standard business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Developing and deploying tools and techniques to identify what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to support the strategic objectives of the Group.
- Applying a structured methodology to change management activities
- Managing the transition of change within the business
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff and stakeholders.
- Managing, motivating, coaching and developing team members so that individual and collective performance meets the standards required.
- Assessing management information reports, identifying risks and issues and briefing senior managers on major implications for change projects
- Review and authorise high value or high risk transactions to ensure appropriate standards have been achieved and compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Leading the appraisal process within the team, collecting and keeping appropriate data.
- Ensuring effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff.
- Recommending and implementing changes to the way in which the team operates in order to improve service quality and process efficiency.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions, Risk & Compliance.
- Managing and delivering change initiatives.
- Working with operational managers in other units to embed changes within the Wholesale banking and Islamic Operations arena.
- Identifying the impact on KPI’s of change and what this will mean for BAU activities
- Embedding Lean / Six Sigma concepts within operational teams in other units.
- Communicating with Senior Managers to keep them up to date with progress, issues and developments in change programmes, providing appropriate briefings to enable them to make informed decisions about the approach and direction of programmes.
- Excellent understanding of Wholesale Banking and Islamic Products and supporting technology gained from hands on experience in Trade based operational and change related roles.
- Strong knowledge of Trade Finance related due diligence & compliance obligations relating to AML / Financial Crime matters
- Familiarity with and exposure to Change Management Methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Visio
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations as well as Project documentation e.g. Business Cases, Progress Reports etc.
Education / Certifications:
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- Certified Documentary Credits Specialist (CDCS).
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification
- 10-15 years of experience in managing complex Wholesale and Islamic Operations teams ideally across geographic regions. Proven track record in leading and delivering successful organizational change programmes in the Wholesale banking arena.