1. Job Purpose:
Daily P&L/ Balance sheet monitoring, preparation of MIS reports (Group, WB and Treasury), investigate finance related core system issues and perform other ad hoc financial analysis.
2. Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Perform daily P&L monitoring for ABC Bahrain including analysis of variance in coordination with appropriate persons in operations, business units and Group Finance
- Assist in preparation, consolidation and monitoring of MIS reports of Financial Performance (Group, WB and Treasury) on a monthly basis
- Assist in analyzing performance to ensure integrity of the reports and accuracy of the data. Highlight critical issues and escalate for resolution on a timely basis
- Assist in data collation from core systems, external systems and preparation of adhoc. analysis of financial information as required
- Support IT Projects involving Group Finance (EDW, Ila, KTP, Core Systems etc.)
- Support preparation of cost allocation and the monitoring of FTP methodology and assist with implementation of changes as required
- Support preparation and analysis of information for external stakeholders (auditors, tax consultants etc.)
3. Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job holder is responsible for facilitating production of accurate and timely information. Due to the dynamic business environment, the job holder constantly strives out for improvements in reporting to ensure reliable, relevant and accurate information is available and reported.
The jobholder works within standards laid down in the department. Any procedural and systems changes are recommended to the line manager for further action as appropriate.
The biggest challenge is to ensure reliable and appropriate information is provided, adhering to stringent deadlines
- External audit team – to facilitate the audit process and consultants involved in tax projects
- Share required information, support in review of deliverables
4. Job Requirements:
- Good understanding of the Bank’s products
- Sound knowledge of working with core banking applications, particularly with Treasury products, familiarity on Transaction processing from accounting and reporting perspective.
- Advance PC skills, particularly MS Office
- Good Communications/interpersonal skills
- Good degree of analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of IFRS requirements
Education / Certifications
- Accounting Degree/ Pursuing professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CA, CFA etc.)
- 5+ years of financial control / reporting experience in an International Banking environment
- Team player
- Good communications and interpersonal skills