To provide, ensure and assure adequate and appropriate compliance advisory support for businesses and units throughout the Bank ABC group.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- To design, implement and drive a Risk-based Regulatory Compliance Framework for the Bank ABC Group to include the development and implementation of Policies, Standards, and Procedures; working with senior management at Head Office, local management and compliance officers
- To provide compliance support and advice to all business units in the Bank ABC Group (including Treasury, Trade Finance, Syndications, Retail and relevant support units) including review of new products, appropriate banking, securities and relevant financial services rules and regulations.
- To work with units to embed mechanisms for ensuring compliance with relevant rules and regulations, including to maintain and improve compliance awareness by units throughout the footprint.
- To take responsibility for the Group’s implementation, embedding and running of the Group’s AEOI (Automatic Exchange Of Information) program including the Common Reporting Standards (CRS) and the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- To act as geographic oversight for the Dubai branch Compliance Functions, providing compliance support and communication between the Group Compliance Function and the Compliance Function in the Dubai branch.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
Member of the Group Compliance Function that has responsibilities for Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance.
Education / Certifications
- Master’s Degree or professional qualification (such as lawyer or accountant);
- 15+ years’ experience of banking activities (specifically covering Fixed Income and Money Market products and, ideally, transactional banking) [the broader and more general the experience, the better];
- Team-work, Self-Starter, attention to detail, excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal).