The System/server administrator is responsible for administering Windows environment and managing office automation technologies installed in the bank. This includes server installation and administration, Server Operating system configuration, hardening, coordination, control, maintenance, backup, troubleshooting, server security and usage monitoring.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
As the Windows technologies administrator, lead in ensuring secure, reliable and highly available application environment. Core responsibilities include the following:
- Administer corporate Active Directory forest, internal DNS & DHCP servers.
- Administer Exchange on premise infrastructure and Exchange on-line administration.
- Implement, administer and upgrade corporate mobile device management solution.
- Install, configure and maintain virtual servers in accordance with ABC policies, guidelines and procedures
- Support BABC backup System including media and offsite storage.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Manage & support the bank’s SAN solution (Storage Area Network) and Blades Servers including capacity planning
- Implement and administer the corporate SMTP email gateway.
- Implement and administer anti-virus and DLP solution for all networked devices in Head Office.
- Manage and monitor Office 365 services in a hybrid infrastructure.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Assist with the migration of large volumes of data into the cloud platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Office 365 services such Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Intune.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders performance of Office365 services.
- Champion the adoption of Office365 services across business units.
- Assist with the creation of policies around usage of Office 365 services and support.
- Collaborate with IT team members, including networking, security and IT Operation teams to ensure cross training and facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Provide user training on Office 365 services as needed.
Other accountabilities include:
- Develop technical standards documentation including operational procedures.
- Maintain order of scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Perform or assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems; corrects identified problems.
- Perform system security related tasks as outlined in ABC policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Deploy and manage new technologies in the server administration arena adopted by the bank.
- Perform other miscellaneous technical duties as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance and support to branches IT staff & local IT teams.
- Provide and manage business critical network infrastructure services to maintain and enhance bank productivity.
- Provide system availability, capacity utilization and other maintenance reports to line manager periodically.
- Ensure highest levels of service delivery to all stakeholders and internal users.
- Participate in bank’s Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery tests.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information System
- MCP, MCSA or Microsoft 365 certification desired.
2-4 years’ hands-on experience in server administration and Microsoft 365 services preferably in a financial institution:
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and the interaction with Active Directory.
- 2+ years of Office 365 (over 500 users) administration experience.
- Hands-on experience in Office365 services such as Exchange Online, Teams, Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Intune & OneDrive for Business.
- Experience with Office 365 migration tools.
- Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell
- Experience with ADFS and third-party authentication services a plus
- Experience with Office365 security tools, monitoring and analyzing alerts.
- Concepts and administration of computer and network operating systems and applications.
- Experience in managing and administering cloud platforms such as AWS & Azure.
- Principles, practices, and techniques in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of server hardware and software.
- Server virtualization tools.
- System backup tools.
- Tape library management and administration
- Reporting tools
- Experience training end users in the use of Office365 modules a plus.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills (oral/written/presentation), team player, ability to travel, ability to adhere to bank policies and procedures, ability to follow senior management instructions.