Elite Multi-Billion Dollar Quantitative Hedge Fund is looking to grow their production engineering team with an advanced Linux Systems Engineer. The role is in Montreal, CA and the company is willing to relocate any candidate from the US or other areas in Canada. My client is looking for an engineer to work on the innovation processes and tools for their internal trading platforms. The right candidate will have expertise with Bash Shell scripting (knowledge of Python), CI/CD automated deployment, providing level II support, and understanding of "infrastructure as a code".
Linux Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Supporting and maintaining the firm's trading Linux Infrastructure
- Managing essential core services (DHCP, LDAP, DNS, NFS) for on-prem centers as well as public clouds.
- Ability to provide Level II Support:
- Install, deploy, configure, troubleshoot in the Linux/UNIX environment.
- Contributing to tools and systems to fully automate the provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of thousands of servers.
The Linux Systems Engineer MUST have the following Requirements:
- Daily use of developing automation and monitoring tools:
- Configuration Management
- Source Control
- Automated Deployment
- Minimum of 3-5 year's experience in the operation of a dynamic Linux [RHEL/Centos] environment.
- Working Knowledge of Intel-based hardware and server's components
- Expertise in scripting with Bash Shell; Knowledge of Python
Additional Qualifications are a plus:
- Financial Industry experience (and/or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field)
- Experience with container technologies [Docker and/or Kubernetes]
- Understanding of server-side networking and typical network protocols.
- Proficiency in "Infrastructure-as-code" practices.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application below!