Advisory Technical Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 66261
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
We are seeking an energetic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! The team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program. The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible delivery of solutions benefiting the Global AML unit. Key Accountabilities:
- Independently support the implementation of business applications to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes analyzing business and user needs, reviewing business requirements, translating them into proper systems requirement specifications and configuring the system itself.
- Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement technical solutions to business problems.
- Leads in the systems implementation process by defining system enhancements, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to all units globally, including new and existing portfolios, ad hoc queries, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines
The following are must:
- Must be a creative, self starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems
- Proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from business users, development and senior management
- A very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL queries
- Must have experience with documenting data mappings from source to target
The following are an asset:
Experience / Education:
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Google Cloud services
- Agile and DevOps team experience
- Experience with onshore and offshore models++
- A minimum of 3 years of technical business analysis experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the IT industry, with at least two in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Risk Management, Finance, Technology