Business Systems Analyst, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 67411
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be the bridge between our business partners and our developers engineers, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit. We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers.
#IN-TECH Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to success in this role?
- You will provide estimates for the incoming projects at both high level and detailed level requirements for small to medium sized projects
- You will analyze business requirements, and ensure consistent and accurate translation of requirements through all SDLC phases including creation of BRD.
- You will be responsible for creating, refining and maintaining EPICs & user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and associated deliverables such as process flows to meet development and stakeholder needs
- You will facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc., whatever is suitable - to meet development and stakeholder needs
- You will facilitate sprint planning and grooming sessions and ensuring user stories are well understood by development and QA teams
- You will bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (reporting, performance, interfaces, constraints, etc.)
- You will facilitate problem-solving discussions and general communications between the business and IT and within IT itself
- You will help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
- You will contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
- You will demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
What's in it for you?
- You have 4+ years of experience involving in progressively more challenging responsibilities as a Business Systems Analyst in IT system solution development. You are also an agile and lean evangelist.
- You have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
- You do good work, and lots of it ...the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
- You are great at making sure everyone's speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
- You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
- You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Systems Analyst, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Engineering