Requisition ID: 67308
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank has introduced the Data Office as an umbrella group within the bank, working in partnership with Technology, Infosec, Business and Risk Analytics and Compliance, to drive the data vision, strategy and governance across the organization. The Data Office ensures availability, consistency and reusability of data across the Bank. In the target state, the Data Office defines the enterprise data strategy and articulates technology requirements for technology to execute towards the business goals.
As part of the Data Architecture team within the Data Office, the candidate will identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage data effectively, and take a leading role in project-based initiatives to drive innovation and digital transformation throughout the Bank and Global Risk Management. The Data Architect role requires strong data skills on Cloud and Big Data environments as well as a drive for innovation, flexibility, collaboration, and effective teamwork.
Project work will involve close collaboration with the other areas of the Data Office: Data Integration, Data Transformation and Data Governance, Enterprise Architecture (EA), Enterprise Data Services (EDS) and the business lines.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Opportunity to make an impact in the digital transformation of Scotiabank
Play a role in establishing the long-term data vision and contribute to the development of the Bank's data architecture
Exposure across business lines, architecture and technology where data plays a critical role
A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Deep experience with data: modeling, analysis, metadata and data consumption
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, consistent with a customer focus and a deep understanding of the content and of business needs.
- Hands-on experience with big data ecosystem tools such as Hive, Pig, Sqoop and Spark; and experience with NoSQL databases would be an asset
- Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management
- Subject area experience with anti-money laundering compliance, RDARR, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and regulatory compliance is an asset
- Tools skills/experience: Data modeling or architecture software (e.g. ERWin), BI visualization software (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau), Data catalog software (e.g. IBM Information Governance Catalog), and Industry Data Models (e.g. Financial Services Data Model - FSDM) , Full-text Search (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Experience in data project implementation lifecycles
- Ability to understand and suggest solutions to data design on an enterprise level
- SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or Qlikview
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence
- Develops enterprise data models (Logical Data Models) as a key member of the Domain Working Groups
- Analyzes data sources and work with business partners to write Business Source to Target Mapping (BSTM) document
- Defines and manages an enterprise data domain taxonomy consisting of data domains, specific data types within each domain and official sources of data
- Ensures organizational alignment to the enterprise domain taxonomy and data model
- Helps define target state data architecture and ensures alignment of new initiatives to that target state
- Assists in the selection of data architecture tools and technology decisions
- Assists in cross-domain collaboration on data architecture initiatives across the organization
- Maintains a good understanding of the Bank's business strategies, business policies, risk management and IT processes and disciplines. This requires working with enterprise data management office, Governance and Technology teams to ensure that the data captured through other initiatives is readily available for usage across the bank
- Works in an Agile environment to develop Data Office capabilities
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Data Architect, Database, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Data, Technology, Finance