Requisition ID: 65076
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
We are looking for a project management expert capable of managing multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage fewer large scale HR technology projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with;
Are you the right person for the role?
- Proven ability to deliver projects using Iterative, Agile and Lean approach and techniques.
- Able to take responsibility for the management of the project from end to end; utilizing the most appropriate delivery method and the related tools and techniques.
- Works with Director, Client, and the project team to ensure that the assigned projects utilizes the most appropriate delivery methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc.) based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, Risk, Scope, Duration, the need for agility and other key factors.
- Monitors and controls the projects identifying, reporting and resolving challenges and problems quickly and early.
- Provides guidance to the project team utilizing an in-depth knowledge of project management and the Client's business goals, objectives and strategies.
- Communicates proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Possesses a good understanding of HR business systems, industry requirements and regulatory requirements (i.e. AML, OSFI, CSOX, PII, etc.)
What's in it for you?
- Creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good technical analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional.
- Further, able to demonstrate leadership skills with very good interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from the team, end-users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent's good time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to effectively manage projects, while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
- Must possess a detailed understanding of multiple delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Six Sigma, PROSCI, SDLC, etc) and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in human resources, business, information technology or a related discipline, along with 10+ years of progressive project and program management experience some of which should have been gained in a Client consultative environment is required
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Program Manager, Finance, Management