What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Markets IT is looking for a Development Manager who exemplifies the attributes of a leader, mentor and decision maker. We are currently building out our BPM team, with the goal being to provide mentorship and expertise on the Alfresco products to all of RBC. You will work with internal and external teams to provide guidance throughout the lifecycle of building, deploying, and operating applications. You will also be the primary technical contact with Vendors. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have Requirements:
- Help design and drive the implementation of BPM and ECM applications.
- Manage the day-to-day development and technical activities of the team.
- Provide leadership and prioritization to the team and help make the key trade-offs required to keep the team working most effectively.
- Apply design thinking and an agile mindset in working with key stakeholders to continuously iterate and deliver on new initiatives.
- Take ownership of the maintenance of the platform's infrastructure.
- Be the primary contact for all CM Architecture related initiatives.
- Lead the discussion in the migration of Legacy applications to Alfresco.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager or lead in Software Engineering.
- Willingness to be a hands on contributor in day to day activities.
- Strong computer science fundamentals with an extensive background in building highly resilient production ready applications.
- Demonstrable experience of developing a high performance culture / team.
- You have used Jenkins, GIT, Nexus IQ, and BladeLogic.
Nice to have:
What's in it for you?
- Previous BPM and/or ECM experience.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Experience in DevOps and Cloud.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities