Director - Technology Integrations & Modernization Projects (Bilingual - English & Spanish)
Requisition ID: 66561
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Technology Integrations & Modernization Director is directly accountable for the management of a portfolio of projects required to integrate acquired business, divestitures and Modernization initiatives within International Banking, coordinating with key stakeholders at local, regional, divisional and enterprise levels for the delivery of all solutions required to achieve the overall business goals, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures. This role will act as the single point of contact for the business group and entails building strategic relationships within International Banking Technology, the broader IT&S community and the Business. The position is responsible for the technology deployment and migration strategies required to succesfully integrate these acquisitions, and leading the technology assesment in M&A due dilingences and post-acquisition reviews, ensuring the planing, prioritization, and budget are in support of the business strategy WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an experienced leader with strong technology and project management background to
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
- Deliver large and complex technology Integration and / or Modernization programs and projects across International Banking, ensuring these are implemented on time and within budget. Integration Projects often address solutions to problems or opportunities which are unprecedented.
- Partner with Business Heads and Technology Executives in country as well as in Canada that are critical to the success of the larger initiatives / programs
- Coordinate and drive technology Due Dilligence and Post Acquisition review efforts. Also to plan and coordinate activities to facilitate the technological servicing of divestitures during Transitional Services Agreements.
- Build strong relationships with Stakeholder, Vendors and Partners and to ensure accountability for the development and management of the portfolio
- Partner with the Bank's business lines to translate products and service strategies and objectives into cost-effective IT strategies and solutions to be implemented as part of the Integration and Modernization initiatives, ensuring optimal integration with existing processes and / or technologies and alignment with business priorities.
- Ensure project status is accurately depicted and that major execution risks or issues are identified and addressed on a timely basis.
- Assess operational, reputational, financial, regulatory & compliance and other risks arising from the challenges and complexities that technological integrations represent and works with corresponding stakeholders to mitigate these to within Bank's risk appetite.
- Ensure the adequacy, adherence and effectiveness of technological solutions implemented as part of the integration and / or modernization intitiatives to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Ensure a consistent project risk management and delivery practice across all Integration and Modernization initiatives. Assess and manages the impact that cultural differences can have in delivery timelines and project's cost.
- Build a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Comprehensive business knowledge (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Scotiabank's goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects)
- Process knowledge (scheduling/budgeting/resource allocation/risk management/systems design/change management, release management)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing and providing leadership to complex projects that have significant IT and operational components
- Proven IT experience with deep expertise in both the strategy and business needs of banking as well as technology
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in both English & Spanish
- In depth knowledge of systems development life cycle and the Bank's project delivery framework
- In depth knowledge of the Bank's mainframe and mid-tier systems and testing environments
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills to foster strong supportive relationships with stakeholders across the International Banking region in a highly complex multicultural environment
- Experience managing multidimensional projects from concept to completion within a matrix environment across various functions and cultures
- Delegation assigning work to the various functional heads in ways that get the job done, sharing the responsibility without giving up the accountability
- Understanding of complex, leading edge technology and how this can be used to support business processes
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- PMP Designation (Preferred)
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Management, Bilingual, Finance, Technology