Lead Finance Officer, Technology & Operations - NA Personal & Business Banking
Supports the management of Technology & Operations, NA Personal & Business Banking (T&O), providing advice and service on financial management activities in alignment with T&O goals and governance standards. Acts as a financial centre of competence and strategic partner for the T&O supporting short, medium and long term objectives; provides decision support, including information, expertise, advice and recommendations on opportunities and exposures. Monitors performance against financial plans, forecasts, initiatives and objectives, escalating issues as required.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Oversees the process to coordinate & analyze the financial and operational highlights of the business for reporting, planning and forecasting requirements.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group; assesses the financial performance and condition of the business.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives; ensures solutions are aligned with business and enterprise goals.
- Recommends and implements financial management solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Works with the business to align key performance indicators with financial forecasts/plans and initiatives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans; assessment of opportunities; determines the financial impact of initiatives/strategic decisions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide Financial-related insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks financial performance and addresses any issues.
- Manages the coordination & analysis of financial and operational highlights of the business; works with others service teams to deliver reporting, planning and forecasting requirements.
- Co-ordinates financial governance, compliance and attestation reporting as necessary.
- Reviews financial information for reasonableness and highlights/escalates areas of interest or concern.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Develops new connections and builds deeper networks that create cross-team interactions.
- Works with stakeholders to establish priorities.
- May own internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders in order to align agendas and ensure a clear understanding of the business context.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting designation preferred.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.