Manager IT Build
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 17 Apr 19
Manager IT Build
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Build covers a number of functional disciplines or practice areas. These technology professionals demonstrate incredible commitment through their participation in a combination of build-related functions or activities, such as:
- Application and implementation of platform design patterns and standards for infrastructure components across various platform domains;
- Delivery Management functions within the build mandate to co-ordinate and drive deployment- related activities;
- Structured focus on project delivery to implement deliverables for their respective and specialized areas of infrastructure build; and
- Specialized Services functions that provision contact center infrastructure and network-related infrastructure work for Real Estate and/or Branch environments, hardware assets etc.
There's room for you to grow in all of it.
IT Operations Manager, Published Applications and Desktop
Lead the support and management of a highly-complex enterprise-wide environment spanning Citrix XenApp 6.5 and XenApp/XenDesktop (CVAD) 7.x and vendor hosted VDI. Help define and be responsible for the long-term strategy and roadmap for the platform.
As IT Operations Manager, Published Applications and Desktop, you will lead TD Bank's published applications and desktop platform including Citrix XenApp 6.x and 7.x as well as vendor led VDI platforms. You will build and measure the Key Performance Indicators (critical metrics) by which TD Bank will quantify capacity, scalability and availability of its published operations and virtual desktops. As the leader of a highly dynamic operational service, you will create a Monthly Operations Report (MOR) to share those critical metrics along with ongoing initiatives, statistics, financials, people highlights and references to important architectural information.
You will assure that the Published Applications and Desktop platform operates successfully as well as refine and improve processes for intake, capacity planning, configuration and change management for it. TD Bank's use of published applications and desktops has grown organically across its global footprint; your developed processes ought to integrate with the broader service management functions and our regional partners.
You will be able to collaborate with teams to create continued operational improvements to enhance automation, improve performance, and reduce complexity.
You will establish and maintain support contact information with key internal and external partners, developing processes and protocols to support Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and (OLAs). You will direct any troubleshooting efforts for support incidents related to the published functions and services. There will be an expectation of availability during off hours for client-impacting changes or troubleshooting activities, as is customary within IT services to support TD's global operations.
Team Leadership and Relationship Management
- Build and maintain a premier global operations team
- Coach and develop team members to ensure appropriate growth of ability and skills
- Evolve and maintain strong working relationships with IT service providers and vendors to influence product direction in support of TD Bank's strategic direction
- Ensure all substantial services have well documented and regularly updated policy, procedure and architectural documents
Operational Health of all services led by Published Applications and Desktop
- Drive key process improvements as they relate to the environment and collaborate with network, business application, and database and storage administrators to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability
- Ensure an adequate support model is in place to respond to the Help Desk regarding deployed applications and desktops; prioritize and reply to help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Perform system configuration and management, plan and implement currency upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Recommend and execute modifications to environment to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports. Develop and maintain platform documentation
- Ensure that all deployments use corporately supported automation solutions
- Actively update and influence the use of technologies that will be of current and future benefit to the organization
- Coordinate contributions and submit Monthly Operations Report on a timely basis
- Budget planning and compliance. Ensure a clear and efficient cost model is reflected to the business for the led services
- Ensure the platform is optimized for efficiency and cost
You will review, analyze, and evaluate information technology systems operations, building on your familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. You are an authority who consults with clients, team, and/or project team to provide technical guidance and highly complex troubleshooting/problem resolution. You rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, leading others with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- 3 years of relevant management experience
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Good judgment, integrity and confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess a range of broad technical infrastructure knowledge
- Prior experience in operating virtualized environments at scale
- Extensive experience handling large and complex XenApp & XenDesktop (CVAD) environments running XenApp 6.5 and CVAD 7.15Extensive experience with the following:
- NetScaler ADC integration including VPN and Gateways
- Application publishing and deployment such as SCCM and App-V
- VMware integration including micro-segmentation
- Windows 10/Office 365 platforms running on CVAD 7.15
- Working knowledge of AppSense, Network, Storage and Active Directory
- Strong interdisciplinary skills; Microsoft platforms, VMware, Citrix, storage, backup
- A broad and deep understanding of information technologies and how to use them as solutions to business requirements
- Ability to conduct research into server and operating system issues, standards and products
- Established experience, knowledge and understanding of production environments
- Effective time management skills and aptitude to work under deadlines and operational pressures
- Strong expertise of data storage, backup and recovery standard methodologies
- Strong knowledge of software configuration management is a plus
- Experience with software deployment and endpoint management including App-V
- Computer Science degree in an appropriate discipline (an asset) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of substantial experience and Financial Services IT experience (an asset)
- Citrix certification(s): CCE-V or CCP-V
- Experience operating and supporting VMWare VDI
Governance and Risk Management
- Establish and/or direct the development and policy and procedure implementations, and respective technologies to ensure platform security
- Lead all published application and desktop audit and compliance activities
- Establish strong operational risk management and effective risk governance processes which enable the enterprise to achieve key objectives and make better business decisions. You will support our risk management activities by working closely with our risk officers to:
- identify, monitor and report key operational and emerging risk items
- participate in the analysis, assessment and management of risk items as required
- familiarize yourself and align with all associated Operational Risk policies, guidelines and frameworks
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.