Programmer Analyst Advisory
Requisition ID: 68460
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Overview
The Pricing and Rewards Technologies team supports the ongoing enhancement, development, implementation and day to day operational support of pricing and rewards applications. The pricing and rewards applications are Critical Information Assets of the bank that provide customer/account based pricing of various bank products and compute customer rewards.
The applicant should have excellent problem solving skills and have the ability to technically troubleshoot the issues/problems independently and provide solutions. The applicant must possess the ability to work with technology focused peers and work on multiple projects concurrently. For this role the candidate should ideally have worked on agile and waterfall projects in the past and capable of thriving on fast paced, challenging environment and must be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn. What we are looking for?
Do you have the knowledge & skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will provide system analysis, design / programming, technical documentation, and support for existing applications and systems.
- You will provide recommendations on best practices and enhancements that are in line with the bank's technology road map.
- You will work with project team to refine technical requirements and provide technical design and guidance based on industry best practices.
- You will perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting and implementing of applications and scripts.
- You will provide in time operational support / test support for existing applications in non-production and production environment.
- You will participate in estimation and planning of development efforts required for various projects and enhancements.
- You will participate in regular code reviews for release activities.
- You will lead the implementation efforts for implementations of code to production.
- You will participate in production issue analysis and perform root cause analysis for production issues and implementation issues.
- You will assist the product owners and business analysts in discovering the current system behavior and provide recommendations on improving the current system.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of technical working experience in systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, and debugging.
- You have working experience in the use of Bit Bucket, Jira, Confluence or a similar tool(s) for building Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Technical working experience in an agile environment.
- Must have technical working experience with COBOL, DB2, VSAM, IMS, JCL, PROCs on MVS zO/S, TSO, SDSF, CAVIEW, FILEAID.
- Technical working knowledge of ETL, SFTP, Batch Processing, CA7 or equivalent job scheduling tool, Endevor or equivalent code management tools.
- Nice to have skills : WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy); PuTTY SCP (PSCP); Secure Shell (SSH), RDz, NetronCap, CICS, Datapower or MQ Series,
- Ideally, you have 2-3 years of working experience in the banking/financial services industry.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Programmer, Technology, Finance, Engineering