Programmer Analyst Advisory (Java)
Requisition ID: 58174
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose:
Join Scotiabank, as we embark on redefining the future of anti-money laundering capabilities in the Bank by leveraging cutting edge technologies. You will be part of a dynamic team as we rollout enterprise platforms globally to many different business units. We are looking for individuals with passion for innovation and revolutionary ideas to contribute to our journey of transforming the Bank. The Programmer Analyst Advisory is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of enterprise AML applications. Accountabilities:
- Manage and participate 'hands-on' in the implementation of centralized AML applications by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling and testing.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to complex technical problems by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of 3rd party vendor AML applications.
- Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Senior Manager/Director, and general direction from the Project Manager for the projects assigned. The incumbent is expected to function independently to identify opportunities for automation or efficiency, to introduce new technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications with Java/J2EE
- 3+ years of experience with Shell Scripting
The following are an asset:
- Agile and DevOps team experience
- Microsoft SSIS and SSRS
- Hands on experience with AML applications, i.e. Oracle Mantis (FCCM), NICE Actimize, Fircosoft, FINTRAC reporting is highly desirable
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Java, Programmer, Technology, Finance