Senior Manager - Technology Integrations & Modernization Projects (Bilingual- English & Spanish)
Requisition ID: 66562
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager is accountable for delivering complex and large technology integration and/or Modernization programs and projects across international banking, leading large cross-functional teams to ensure these are implemented on time, within budget and aligned with the organizations strategic objectives & in compliance with internal policies and procedures
In this individual contributor role, the Senior Manager will manage a portfolio of projects required to integrate acquired business, divestitures and Modernization initiatives within International Banking, coordinating with key stakeholders at local, regional, divisional and enterprise levels for the delivery of all solutions required to achieve the overall business goals WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an experienced leader with strong technology and project management background to
ARE YOU THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
- Manage simultaneous integration, divestiture and modernization initiatives depending on M&A activity, with sizable execution budgets from $1Million up to $60 Million
- Manage multidimensional projects from concept to completion within a matrix environment across various functions and cultures & Coordinate woth multiple stakeholders in many geographies.
- Frequently travel (often without notice) to International locations up to 2-3 weeks duration, depending on the assigned project(s).
- Build excellent working relationship with stakeholders across the International Banking region in a highly complex multicultural environment
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Comprehensive business knowledge (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Scotiabank's goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects)
- Process knowledge (scheduling/budgeting/resource allocation/risk management/systems design/change management, release management)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing and providing leadership to complex projects that have significant IT and operational components
- Proven IT experience with deep expertise in both the strategy and business needs of banking as well as technology
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in both English & Spanish
- In depth knowledge of systems development life cycle and the Bank's project delivery framework
- In depth knowledge of the Bank's mainframe and mid-tier systems and testing environments
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills to foster strong supportive relationships with stakeholders across the International Banking region in a highly complex multicultural environment
- Experience managing multidimensional projects from concept to completion within a matrix environment across various functions and cultures
- Delegation assigning work to the various functional heads in ways that get the job done, sharing the responsibility without giving up the accountability
- Understanding of complex, leading edge technology and how this can be used to support business processes
- Bachelor's degree in technology
- PMP Designation (Preferred)
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing multiple exciting and forward thinking initiatives.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Project Manager, Banking, Technology, Bilingual, Finance