Senior Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID: 66435
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
We are seeking an energetic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! The team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program. The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, implementation and support of web applications and batch processing applications of medium to high complexity for the Global AML unit.
- Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and design and developing/maintaining programs according to standards.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing support to assigned applications by identifying, evaluating, escalating, resolving problems and supporting other team members. The incumbent is required to carry a beeper approximately 25% of the time to ensure systems support is readily available and that systems are operational according to documented user service level agreements.
- Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plan, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
- Assist project leader or Manager by supervising more junior staff, providing backup support to the Project Leader or Manager, assisting with the development of detailed workplaces and monitoring progress against plan.
- Provide technical guidance and review to other team members by conducting technical walkthroughs.
- Keep current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies and maintain an understanding of the Division's business and technology strategies
- Analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for.
- A good understanding of business systems analysis and development.
- Agile and DevOps team experience
- Integrating 3rd party vendor products experience
- Experience with onshore and offshore models
- Experience with complex data, data mapping, user workflows and reporting
- 5+ years of experience in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred
- The incumbent must have a complete knowledge of the following technologies (5+ years hands-on experience):
- Korn Shell scripting
- Linux operating systems
- Oracle databases
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Programmer, Database, Technology, Finance