Vice-President, Global Markets Performance & Analytics
Supporting the Global Equity Products ("GEP") Management Team, and reporting to the Director, Global Markets Performance & Analytics, this diverse role is responsible for a high level of financial, strategic, analytical and operational support. The role requires an individual who has strong analytical capabilities grounded in quantitative judgment, is an effective communicator, works as a team player, and possesses the highest level of integrity. The candidate must be very adept working with information that is both sensitive and confidential.
This role includes accountabilities for supporting both short and long term objectives/outcomes and maintaining a current understanding of GEP specific strategies and performance objectives.
Develops detailed financial and economic analysis to assist the designated business portfolio with decision support. Works closely with business leaders and Finance partners to provide financial advice and service that supports the financial management activities of the Group / portfolio. Supports the monitoring and management of financial performance against plans, forecasts, initiatives and objectives. Generates information and insights that support key business decisions to drive value (e.g., revenue growth, cost management, resource allocation, balance sheet optimization, etc.)
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- May own internal/external stakeholder relationships.
- Supports / Leads financial planning, forecasting and performance reviews that utilize plan, forecast and actual financial information to develop annual plans and targets.
- Performs variance analyses, and ad-hoc forward-looking analyses to improve understanding of business drivers as well as opportunities to improve performance for product improvement, profit improvement, financial impact of initiatives/strategic business decisions.
- Supports the development of methodologies and policies to enable analyses and insights focused on financial dimensions (e.g., revenue, expense, balance sheet, capital, etc.).
- Determines the financial impact of initiatives/ strategic business decisions, and incorporate the impacts into future financial forecasts/plans.
- Assesses reasonableness of business cases and performs due-diligence during Investment reviews and approvals processes.
- Works with the business to align key performance indicators with financial forecasts and plans.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide financial insights and recommendations.
- Employs systems (eg customized exception reports, tracking reports etc) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources (e.g. financial and operational systems) to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Acts as a trusted financial advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making e.g., economics, treasury, competitor information.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
This position supports the implementation of key programs and/or initiatives, while developing strong relationships across the organization to support the effective execution on the businesses' mandate.
Financials and Metrics
- Financials and Metrics = 60%
- Strategy and Operational Support = 20%
- Business Delivery and Execution = 20%
Strategy and Operational Support
- Primary relationship manager for the GEP business as it relates to performance management (forecasting, business commentary, informational requirements, expense management) and analytics.
- Provide weekly and quarterly forecasts to the GEP management team to help track business performance.
- Determine and track the financial impacts of various initiatives/strategic business decisions and ensure these impacts are incorporated into financial forecasts.
- Perform detailed financial analysis to support GEP management and the trading desks with profitability and productivity decision-making, including resource allocation.
Business Delivery and Execution
- Through the annual planning process, collaborate with the GEP businesses to plan/design line of business performance objectives that support the overall business strategy and direction.
- Plan/design and develop integrated reporting on GEP performance objectives (both financial and non-financial objectives) and strategic initiatives.
- Support the GEP management team with developing, articulating and implementing strategic plans and initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Identify, support and track key issues relating to both financial and operational metrics for BMO CM Operating Committee and Executive Committees as applicable, including internal and corporate trackers.
- Lead/support special projects in partnership with the business management team for Global Trading Products.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all financial, operational issues for the business.
- Identify issues, gaps and process improvements, address as authorized, and escalate as necessary.
- Interact with Risk Management to support the quarterly risk dashboard and risk control and assessment (RCA) process.
Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MBA or CFA designation preferred. Minimum of a 4-year undergraduate degree with a focus on Business, Economics, Finance/Accounting.
Minimum 4 years of relevant business experience, preferably in Capital Markets.
Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills with ability to analyze data, develop key insights & provide business recommendations
Strong technical skills with the ability to manipulate and draw insights from large volumes of unorganized data. Some programming/VBA skills preferred.
Possesses strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: collaboration, facilitating consensus, resolution management including managing complex and sensitive issues.
Confident in providing strategic insight and recommendations to senior executives
Highly organized with a proven ability to manage critical complex projects across many different functional lines with varying levels of urgency, sensitivity and importance.
A bility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
Influence skills - In-depth.
Data driven decision making - In-depth. We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.