Application Support Analyst - S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Application Support Analyst
Job Description Summary:
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking an Application Support Analyst to be a key player in the implementation and support of its index calculation platforms that run major headline indices like S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who works effectively, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment to undertake production support for mission critical applications.
The candidate must be a delivery-focused person with financial applications experience and skills. The candidate will report to the Lead of Application Operations.
- Manage daily production support for Global Real-Time Platform & End of Day index calculation systems during Asia Pacific business hours.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Provide IT support for new product development using data extraction & data manipulation.
- Generate ad-hoc/historical reports as requested by business users.
- Analyze production issues, report bugs and collaborate with application development team for resolution.
- Escalate critical or non-resolvable issues to the next level and provide ETA to customers.
- Perform periodic system health checks to avoid potential outages and proactively address system capacity issues.
- Monitor connections to market data sources, stock exchanges and vendor-partners.
- Monitor application log files to debug issues, review alert emails and take corrective actions.
- Deploy applications in Weblogic servers, web servers, start & stop system processes.
- Troubleshoot data and system issues with stock exchanges and market data distributors.
- Review market data notices from stock exchanges & data vendors and analyze system impact.
- Verify market data on vendor terminals, files & stock exchange websites.
- Maintain support procedures & runbook, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Liaison with vendor-partners and data hosting providers to resolve technical issues.
- Interact with business operations to provide technical support.
- Utilizing infrastructure project management and systems operation management methodologies to support the efforts of the Application Operations Manager.
- Participate in the post mortems for system outages.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Bachelor's/Associate degree or equivalent work experience or certification.
- 3+ years of overall experience in supporting IT applications/infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle Database environment - SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- 1+ years of experience in Mongo DB environment would be a big plus.
- Experience with different Operating Systems - Red Hat Linux and Windows XP is required.
- Experience in deploying Java applications in Weblogic servers would be plus.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, Unicast, Multicast, Sockets) and IP addressing.
- Experience using system tools, utilities and third-party products like Informatica, Toad etc.
- Experience with Market Data such as Equity, Forex or Options asset classes preferred.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.