Chief Financial Officer
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Mar 19
Chief Financial Officer
The Role: Chief Financial Officer - S&P Global China
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
As our Chief Financial Officer for S&P Global China (SPGI China), you will take a critical role in supporting all of the S&P China business entities, including senior executives, regulators, and stakeholders, while staying at the forefront of accounting, taxation management and reporting requirements and compliance strategies.
Opportunity and Responsibilities:
As the CFO for S&P Global China, you will be charged to:
- Lead our SPGI China financial business management systems and ensure that our China financial processes, policies and procedures are in compliance with US and Chinese regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain the Long Range Business Plan and Forecast to provide the financial guidance to our local and global executives to successfully execute the plan according the overall SPGI's China strategies; be involved in workforce planning
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow business and deliver y/y improvement in financial results
- Decision support across range of operational and strategic initiatives with focus on balancing short and long-term returns
- Establish the total annual budget and quarter budget adjustment in accordance with the strategic plans and annual operational targets of SPGI China
- Responsible for cash flow results, and capital requirements of all aspects of SPGI China operations;
- Driving along with our S&P overall corporate strategies to develop streamlined improvement and ensure corporate adherence to benchmarking for all objectives
- Establish and implement the regulations on and procedures of financial management, cost management, budget management, accounting, accounting supervision and audit; Supervise the implementation of above-mentioned regulations and procedures;
- Execute related laws, regulations, guidance, policies and rules on finance and economy; ensure compliant operation and defend company's interests
- Organize and execute internal and external audits and ensure the satisfactory implementation of internal control
- Demonstrates the ability to accumulate data, deliver operating performance metrics to be converted to information and develop useful KPI to track trends and make the necessary recommendations/actions to correct it
- Build and maintain strong partnership across business divisions as well as the S&P Global Finance organization in order to generate a long term, strategic plan for the organization
- Foster and develop relationships with related Free Trade Zones, Customs and Tax authorities across China (Beijing and Shanghai)
- Liaise for legal, treasury and taxation issues in addition to operation controlling.
- Supervise the relationship with external and internal auditors
- Provide accurate statistics information and financial reports and strategic business recommendation to S&P Global's senior management, Board of Directors as well as other regulators on regular basis
- From a local statutory point of view, as Statutory auditor appointed under related to commercial regulations, ensure SPGI China complies with local regulations, and other reporting requirements;
- Involve in the decision-making process and design process of important operation activities of the Company; involve in the research and approval of important economic contracts or agreements; involve in analysis and decision-making of important economic problems
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Accomplished finance individual with strong knowledge of the Insurance Industry, local regulatory and tax environment.
- Able to collaborate across functions and can communicate well with others. Ability to explain complex financial information to non-financial colleagues.
- Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure right across the finance value chain (reporting, planning, analyses, …) across both functions and divisions, managing experienced senior finance staff. Confidence operating globally applying a local mindset.
- Able to manage and work with local regulatory authorities.
- Deep dive understanding of the local accounting standards, tax and regulatory requirements. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in accounting / finance or related discipline, CPA/ACCA/CMA relevant qualification, or Master of Business Administration in Accounting or Finance with CPA is a plus.
- 15+ years of solid experience building and running accounting/finance teams practicing talent development with at least 10 years in an executive leadership level. Experience supporting a large multi-national business preferred.
- Brings a strong strategic, finance skill set evidenced by the ability to analyze business models, forecast financing needs and raise capital
- Strong financial modelling, budgeting, valuation, financial analysis and deal structuring experience
- Experience with acquisitions; both technical due diligence and integration
- Excellent English and Mandarin language skills - written and verbal, and confidence presenting to Executive and C-Suite
- Partnership attitude to the top management with strong proactivity and leadership with ability to alert and influence on financial issues.
- Must have good organizational skills, be a self-starter, reliable, team player and an active listener.