The IT Operations Specialist position is responsible for the User Support and Technology Operations in Beijing. This includes helpdesk services, end-user computing, incident management, daily IT operations, and user administration related work. Scope of responsibilities encompass but may not be limited to design, planning and support of IT infrastructure services for local branch business users.
- Responsible for helpdesk services, PC infrastructure, desktop base applications, and essential infrastructure services for technology operations
- Responsible for operation of Windows Server environment, data backup, server administration
- Works with applications and infrastructure teams to carry out necessary infrastructure releases, support and documentation according to industrial best practices and the Bank’s standardized processes (e.g. CMMI and ITIL)
- Responsible for operational processes and verification including operating system patches, technology life cycle management, continuous monitoring and performance tuning
- Provides ongoing 24/7 support of supported system and services
- Incident handling and restores infrastructure services with workaround or permanent solution
- Conducts post mortem for root cause analysis of service impacting issues
- Participates in global projects to plan and implement related technology and services in local region
- Adheres to corporate standards in technology services and operations
- Adheres to corporate policies and best practices to ensure internal and external audit and regulatory compliance in the areas of security, control and standards
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Prefer university degree/college diploma in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Banking applications and infrastructure support responsibilities.
- Excellent hands-on experience supporting essential end-users services such as but not limited to : Windows 7/10, Domain Controllers, Active Directory, SCCM, MS Office Suite and Outlook, File & Print Services, instant messaging tools, video conference systems, fax system, Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon, Citrix, phone system, remote VPN, database client connectivity, data backup systems.
- Working knowledge of security controls on end-user devices such as Anti-Virus, DLP, APT, application white-listing
- Basic concepts of core infrastructure such as data network, firewall, database, centralized storage and backup, Internet proxy, Load-Balancers, VMware server virtualization, VDI
- Understanding of IT risks and controls, change management, incident management
Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Solid customer service skills
Experience in Incident Management
Experience in Helpdesk Management
Demonstrates solid teamwork skills and able to work independently
Self-motivated, goal-oriented, customer-service oriented and able to manage change
Able to communicate with senior business users
Certification in Windows Server and Microsoft product suite are preferred
Flexible working hours may be required from time to time. Work hours include normal business hours with on-call and off-hour/weekend support as required.