Manager– Corporate Strategy
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The role will support Managing Director and other members of MIS Strategy and Business Management team, in the formulation of strategic initiatives, facilitating regional execution of MIS global strategy in Asia Pacific and more generally, in managing relationships with Moody's affiliates within the region.
- Support the execution of the MCO-Board approved Greater China Strategy
- Support the evaluation of the current footprint of MIS operations and the broader markets in the region with the objective of identifying and evaluating emerging rating and non-rating opportunities enabling MIS to profitably expand either directly or through affiliates/JVs
- Plan and lead the analysis of internal and external market data to support the monitoring of regional markets and to assist in identifying opportunities to improve market relevance/positioning
- Liaise with Moody's affiliates in the region, facilitate interaction between MIS and affiliates and co-ordinate joint events as needed
- When market entry opportunities are identified, work with Corporate Development team to analyze the strategic opportunity and contribute to the investment decision making process
- Support innovation initiatives in the region
- Support the APAC strategy presentations and updates to global senior management; Work closely with senior management and attend regulatory or other external meetings if required.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in Corporate Strategy, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Equity Research, Venture Capital, Product Management or Management Consulting within Financial Services industry
- Bachelor degree or above in Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering or Economics related.
- Evidence of strategic thinking, strong analytical skills, creativity and a very solid understanding of global capital/credit markets
- Evidence of successfully managing financial accounting, modelling and project management capabilities
- Highly computer literate especially in Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Bloomberg and WIND will be an advantage
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize several projects at once, able to work and communicate proactively, without close supervision
- Fluency in English required. Mandarin is a must.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.