Senior Manager, China Vendor Management
JobDescription : T he Role:
Senior Manager, China Vendor Management Location:
To support China initiative, we are hiring a China vendor management leader, who will lead vendor management process optimization and execution of end-to-end vendor governance process on the ground with global oversight. This person needs to be fluent in both Chinese and English, he or she will work closely with risk management, vendor governance, procurement, finance functions, and stakeholders both globally and locally to ensure streamlined execution of vendor management on the ground. Responsibility:
1. Optimization of End-to-end Vendor governance process
- Work with stakeholders and functions including risk management, vendor governance, procurement, legal and finance to understand the optimization opportunities, lead the optimization efforts for China, bring down the purchase request turn around time.
- Run regular meetings with China core leadership team to review new vendor onboarding request, status of PR/PO/Contracts, and any challenges need to be addressed. Liaise with global stakeholders to ensure the alignment with global policy.
2. Sourcing Activities Execution
- Responsible for sourcing activity execution including but not limited to vendor onboarding, PR/PO, payment, internal requirement analysis, supply market analysis, sourcing strategy development, negotiation and contract review.
- Provide sourcing direction and guidance to stakeholders and in-country project teams/functions for the responsible categories/project/request.
- Manage and collaborate with people at all levels, including senior management of business units and external vendors.
- Lead assigned projects
3. Vendor Relationship Management
- Support key vendor relationship management, to ensure delivery as well as to drive breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality
4. Knowledge Management and coaching
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and service on leading practice procurement to all functions and business divisions in China.
5. Sourcing System Implementation
- Sourcing system implementation, process and data support.
- University graduate in Business /Laws/Supply Chain Management/Computer Science/Quantity Surveying/Hospitality or other relevant degrees
- Over 5 years of experience in managing end-to-end sourcing of relevant procurement categories, best at strategic level in international corporations.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills. Ability to present and influence across all levels.
- Strong cost and risk management skills.
- Self-motivated team player, who has energy and drive, also able to motivate and get the best out of a multi-functional team and matrix organization.
- Capable of operating in a dynamic environment and able to balance short-term business needs with the long-term requirements of our business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese Mandarin.