About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Scope of Role:
To provide independent assurance of compliance to internal and external obligations through an effective Audit framework, and execute group/country level audits. Key Responsibilities/Challenges:
Our Ideal Candidate
- At the direction of Senior Audit Manager, attend various meetings in order to better understand issues.
- Follow up the closure of Country graded audit issues.
- Keep the senior managers and key stakeholders apprised of significant risks as they are identified.
- Ensure that local, regulatory and Board audit requirements are met through audits that are conducted in accordance with an agreed methodology.
- Escalates delayed or stalled findings where necessary.
- Execute Audits in accordance with an agreed Audit Plan and to an agreed methodology.
- Provide business stakeholders with a clear understanding of areas of control weakness and where possible suggestions on how to rectify.
- Identify and escalates ineffective controls, ensuring a continuous improvement in control quality.
- University graduates. Solid experience in an audit environment or in the banking industry.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyze and apply information, thinking out of the box where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of internal audit engagements.
- Responds enthusiastically to tasks allocated, accepts responsibility readily and demonstrates business professionalism in personal appearance.
- Well-organised with the ability to priorities and plan workload to ensure delivery to timescales.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing in English and Chinese.
- Professional audit certification is preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.