Technology- Java Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
We are seeking a talented software developer to work on our Database Infrastructure applications. In this role, you will work on software that automates the management of our large-scale database plant. This is an opportunity to play a key role in developing new applications, while also maintaining existing software.
As a developer, you will be expected to:
- Contribute as a member of an Agile squad covering several applications
- Work together with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that requirements are being satisfied appropriately
- Contribute to design and architecture of applications
- Respond to escalations and issues related to our applications and show appropriate levels of ownership to follow through on enhancements to avoid repeat problems
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, as well as being detail oriented. Qualifications:
- 2-5 years experience with Java and/or Python
- Strong focus on clean code and automated testing
- 3+ years experience working in Unix-like environment
- Fluent English
Nice to Have: