Job Description The Role:
You will be a member of the product management team in the Banking RegTech business of Moody's Analytics' Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) department. Within Moody's this role is called a Product Analyst.
You will work on our initiative to deliver our know-how around the Basel standards, particularly regulatory capital, as a Software-as-a-Service to a wide range of existing and future financial institution customers. This high profile initiative is driven by our ambition to maintain our leading position, grow our market and improve the efficiency of how our solutions are delivered through technological innovation. In this we are relying on some of the most popular, and most promising, cloud-based technologies.
Working as a member of "squad", i.e. a small, cooperative team that covers all aspects of certain topics from the functional to the technological, your role will be to help ensure that our solution meets customer expectations in terms of functionality and usability. This will require that you develop a detailed understanding of both the regulatory need we address and the technology we use.
Armed with an up-to-date knowledge of the functional requirements, some of which you will have helped to create, you will perform internal functional testing of the solution and contribute to its documentation.
You will help design an intuitive solution that enables users to be autonomous and productive. This includes aspects such as user interface, on which you will work with UX designers and developers; the sufficiency and consistency of the output of our calculation; and even the naming and description of data elements.
Furthermore, you will work closely with other squads on topics of common interest and support other teams - primarily Implementation Services and Pre-sales - by providing solution know-how.
This is a challenging role that combines specialized subject matter expertise and related analytical tasks with the need to actively consider the perspective of the end-user and make our solution as accessible as possible. It provides a unique opportunity to drive how our solutions evolve and gives you the responsibility to ensure that they are not just among the best in the industry, but also the best loved.
Up to 20% travel may be required, primarily within the EU. Responsibilities:
- With guidance, develop a solid understanding of certain regulations and keep up-to-date with their evolution and local implementations.
- Participate in designing the functionality of our solutions. Own the testing of the functionality, including the creation of meaningful and challenging test cases for internal use and external demonstration.
- Contribute to the documentation of the functionalities that you helped design and test. Prepare high-level material for use in marketing.
- Help shape the user experience by actively thinking about, and promoting, user-friendliness, clarity, transparency, traceability. Work with other "squads" too to coordinate look-and-feel and best practices.
- Support the Pre-sales team and the Implementation Services with know-how about our SaaS product in general and the functionalities you are involved in specifically.
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in a quantitative subject, preferably in Finance.
- CFA or FRM qualification is a plus. The following skills and experiences are expected:
- Proven experience working with banking regulations and/or risk management software
- Some knowledge of financial regulations, especially Basel III and its transcriptions into law, as they pertain to credit risk or counterparty credit risk.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to calibrate the content to the audience.
- Fair understanding of relational database concepts and experience with SQL is beneficial. Some programming experience is a plus.
- Unrelenting analytical rigor, attention to detail and uncompromising drive for quality.
- Good planning and organizational skills, ability to keep deadlines and to accurately manage expectations.
- Ability to work autonomously and willingness to start on own initiative.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
- Experience with designing or driving software functionality is an advantage.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.