About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Executive Assistant... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, International:
- Ownership for complex end-to-end global travel arrangements and effective coordination of itineraries, including; submission of travel pre-approval forms and coordinate any visa applications, COVID testing etc.
- Travel bookings using online Concur travel booking tool, ensuring adherence to corporate travel policy at all times;
- Complex diary management for the team leads and the Deputy CEO; effective scheduling of meetings and activities as required for the Deputy CEO and local teams;
- Inbox management for the Deputy CEO as required;
- Arrange meetings, in Paris and internationally, with both internal participants and external participants;
- Assist with presentations including typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. in addition to filing, faxing, scanning documents and couriering as required in a timely manner;
- Answer and direct phone calls, visitors, and other internal team members; coordinating and supporting meeting setup and execution;
- Co-ordinate visitor schedules, reception and access requests as required in a timely manner;
- Perform proxy role for various systems and internal approvals;
- New joiner onboarding and set up support;
- Timely processing & submission of monthly expenses, ensuring adherence to policy at all times;
- Prepare and process invoices as required in a timely manner;
- Manage, create and distribute reports and meeting documents for organisation leaders; take and distribute meeting minutes for LOB;
- Order office supplies (stationery/ coffee/ milk etc.), maintaining stock and partner effectively with the corporate properties group team to ensure the efficient running of the Paris office;
- Strategic administrative duties - proactively and strategically manage administrative issues ensuring a solution-orientated approach;
- Run and manage administrative projects and partner effectively with the regional administrative function as required;
- Partner with both local and regional support teams for any technology, facilities, or support needs that arise for the business;
- Support event planning teams and management for ad hoc events as required;
- Helping the team with ad-hoc problems with a solution-orientated approach i.e. Blackberry and telephone issues, I.T problems etc.;
- Partner with support teams for any technology, facilities, or support needs that arise for the business
- Partner collaboratively with WFSE Markets EA and EMEA/ International admin management/ team;
- Provide high level back up support for other administrative employees and EMEA/ International leaders as required;
- Manage the coordination, planning and execution of all equipment procurement, LAN and desktop support, moves, security access, new starters and facilities management ad-hoc and special projects as directed;
- Represent the office with competence and professionalism;
- Perform complex administrative tasks as required;
- Operate at the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy;
- Use initiative to rapidly resolve general issues and queries in an efficient manner;
- Point of contact to COO team for WFSE in Paris;
- HRS point of contact for any HR-related queries;
- CBA: keep informed about the relevant CBA for WFSE & be the point of contact for the HR team;
- Arranging medicals for new hires and obligatory medicals for existing TM's/ 'Medicine at work'.
We Value Diversity
- Previous EA and administration experience, in a banking, financial services or consulting environment;
- Bi-lingual English & French speaking;
- Strong diary-management and administrative skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to think logically and consider alternatives to provide practical solutions based on a broad understanding of relevant factors;
- Must be able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent telephone manner;
- Must be extremely flexible with a positive, hands-on and proactive approach to work;
- Knowledge of Concur or similar expense management systems advantageous;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively with senior stakeholders and administrative management;
- Ability to work under conflicting priorities and pressures; role often requires a high degree of flexibility and re-prioritization at short notice;
- Resilient, proactive, and hands-on with a can-do attitude;
- Experience working in a complex multinational organisation.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.