Finance Manager, Continental Europe (f/m)
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco Asset Management Deutschland GmbH
- 15 Mar 19
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Finance Manager is responsible for financial accounting and financial reporting activities for the allocated Invesco entities within Continental Europe. The Finance Manager is the owner of the financial statements and is responsible for the accuracy of financial information presented in the financial statements.
The Finance Manager will be part of the Frankfurt Finance team, and will assist with other accounting activities, with other Continental Europe entities, and various improvement projects as required.
The job holder will also partner closely with other finance staff (e.g., Global Business Services, FP&A, Tax, Treasury), and will support business leads by completing a wide variety of financial tasks.
The job holder will also be responsible for ensuring there is sufficient evidence that corporate reporting activities are being performed effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity for a fast track qualified accountant to develop a career within a leading global asset manager with a significant EMEA presence partnering with business leaders across the region.
Some occasional travel will be required to Paris, Henley, Dublin, and Hyderabad and other European locations (such as Italy, Spain and Belgium).
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Responsible for accurate and timely closing of the books for allocated entities each month by monitoring inputs from Global Business Services (GBS) and overseeing the preparation of US GAAP and local GAAP financial statements
- Perform oversight of data preparation, analyses, and other general accounting activities provided by GBS as inputs to the reporting processes for allocated entities
- Analyse and apply the correct accounting treatment to transactions in US GAAP and local GAAP, including identifying requirements of new accounting standards, supporting assessments of impact and work to implement
- Prepare certain GL account reconciliations
- Review variance analyses and underlying data to explain movements
- Participate in month-end close status calls
- Present to business leaders a monthly or quarterly Finance pack as required
- Prepare local GAAP annual report, financial statements including appendices and other reports and analyses as needed
- Review and advise GBS of any changes to local GAAP
- Coordinate process for completion including working with GBS to obtain inputs to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, supporting schedules and notes, and other reports for the local and EMEA Regional Finance teams
- Prepare financial statements and other analyses for submission to the Corporate Financial Reporting team as an input to Invesco Group level reporting, and UK Corporate Reporting team for UK consolidated group
- Oversee and support the preparation by GBS of quarterly Board reporting packages and present these to the relevant Board(s)
- Responsible for local statutory audit completion
- Maintain sufficient documented review and oversight of the effectiveness of the controls of the activities outsourced to GBS and other FCS functions to the materiality of the allocated financial statements
- Monitor and highlight areas of financial and operating risk related to accounting and reporting activities, and work with FCS and other colleagues to mitigate or appropriately escalate these risks
- Attend service meetings, prepare and review metrics, ensure SLAs and KPIs are accurate and appropriate
- Liaise with EMEA Regulatory Reporting team to ensure adherence to applicable Capital & Dividend Policies and file local regulatory returns in line with this policy
- Provide EMEA Regulatory Reporting with 5-year financial forecasts, including stress testing
- Assist EMEA Regulatory Reporting in assessing future regulatory developments in local jurisdictions
- Being the face of Finance for the local senior leadership team, coordinating interaction with all finance teams, including GBS, FP&A, Tax, Treasury EMEA Regulatory Reporting Team and Payroll as well as others such as Corporate Services and Travel & Events Team
- Maintain and build relationships with local external auditors
- Provide support to the EMEA FP&A team
- Perform additional general accounting and reporting activities as needed
- Actively support FCS Investing in You development program
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- At least 5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience, ideally within the Asset Management industry
- Extensive experience in period-end closing of books
- “Big 4” experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP / IFRS), and sound knowledge of local GAAP as well as regulatory and tax background
- Knowledge of ERP systems e.g. (Oracle, SAP)
- Experience with HFM system preferred
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent command of the English language plus German/French as appropriate
- Dedication to accuracy, timeliness and high productivity while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Attention to detail
- Ability to proactively set and achieve own objectives by requesting support and authorization when and where required or appropriate
- Excellent relationship building skills, team spirit and client oriented focus. Ability to work collaboratively across different locations and teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate (esp. Excel skills)
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- University degree in Accounting finance or similar experience
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent certification
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.