IT Business Analyst in Bank (Montreal, Canada)
We are hiring a business analyst / project manager in investment banking, to handle front to back chain platform (Equity or Fixed income side). Main responsibility is to be a Point of Contact in AMER for one or more business lines with respect to project requests. Position also assumes responsibility as the primary business analyst in AMER on all strategic projects for these business lines.
- Study and analyze business requirements, functions, and processes in fixed income and equities securities processing domain.
- Drive toward tech/non-tech solutions, assess either tactical or strategic approaches, assess/provide costs and timeframe of solution.
- Coordinate solution workshops, document requirements with sponsors and acquire signoffs.
- Bridge precise and detailed business requirements with developers and ensure accuracy of technical specifications covering the requirement.
- Coordinate with users to produce comprehensive test plan and develop user signoff criteria. Hands-on involvement in analysis and documentation of testing results and review with end-users.
- Participate in design of new architecture in relation to IS strategy.
- Bachelor or Master in Finance, Business Administration, or Computers/Engineering (has to incorporate with Financial degrees)
- Proven expertise as business analyst in investment banking (Front, Middle, Back, Risk, Compliance or Finance) in Technology team.
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the information technology sector.
- Advanced skills in interfacing with teams of developers, solid familiarity with major SDLC approaches (accent on Agile methods family).
- Able to manipulate SQL queries
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.