Associate, Equity Infrastructure Investments
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who will be acting as an Investment Associate in the infrastructure sector. You will be working in Paris and predominantly focus on infrastructure private equity investments.
As part of Schroders Capital Infrastructure (legally known as Schroder AIDA), you will assist senior team members in the origination, structuring and execution of infrastructure investments on behalf of institutional investors. You will have the opportunity to work on infrastructure transactions across several sectors, including energy transition, transportation (roads, rail, ports), communication (towers, fiber) and social (health, education). You will also be in charge of the monitoring of the assets along the investment period with regular interactions with the top management of companies. About Schroders Capital
Schroders Capital is the private markets investment division of Schroders Group. With $65bn AUM and 498 employees, we cover a broad range of asset classes out of 19 offices globally. We offer our clients a combination of direct investment capabilities and broader solutions in all private market asset classes (Private Equity, Infrastructure Debt & Equity, Real Estate, Venture Capital, securitised products, Insurance-linked securities, Impact investing), through comingled funds and customized private asset mandates. As part of Schroders, we build on an established heritage, going back over 200 years, a long-term orientation and an adherence to strong values. To learn more about our infrastructure capabilities, visit www.schroderscapital.com/. The team
The job will be positioned in the Infrastructure Equity team. Since forming in 2015, Schroders Capital Infrastructure has successfully raised and invested over ₠3.2bn in equity and debt (senior and junior), focusing on core European infrastructure assets. The team comprises 21 employees based in Paris and London and is experiencing rapid growth.
What you'll do
- Assist investment and managing directors in opportunities analysis, business plans review and due diligence, deals structuring and execution as well as management of existing investments
- Draft investment committee memos and all type of materials supporting pitch and external / internal presentations
- Run complex financial models and simulate the impact of alternative assumptions
- Monitor market data and provide support on ESG related items
- Prepare reporting to clients
- Assist investment directors and distribution teams in preparing marketing materials
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Strong academic credentials strong academic credentials and 2 to 3 years of experience within Infrastructure debt or equity, Private Equity, Project Finance, M&A.
- Computer literate including strong knowledge of financial modelling
- Fluency in English
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Fluency in French is a strong plus
What you'll be like
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Team working spirit - willing to learn and to develop in a team with a flat structure
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Schroders Capital is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. We value diversity and see it as a source of creativity and a way to get to better investment decisions, along with creating an engaging work environment.