INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SERVICE DELIVERY ENGINEER
- Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany
- Contract, Full time
- 21 Feb 19
Within the Software Delivery Management Team of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) Division, the Information Management Service Delivery Engineer will be responsible for two interfaces; towards business users requesting new ICT services or enhancements and towards the implementation teams delivering systems fulfilling agreed user requirements.
- Interface and collaborate with various business units and users to understand their processes and needs, suggest improvements where possible;
- Document processes to be supported and associated user requirements in suitable formats, e.g. in process diagrams, user stories, wire frames, requirement specifications, etc;
- Ensure that user requirements are correctly translated into technical requirements for bespoke developments or for matching the functionalities of Commercial Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions, including Cloud solutions;
- Support the implementation teams in defining the detailed technical requirements for bespoke developments and in the evaluation / selection of COTS/Cloud solutions matching user needs with available functionality, including the evaluation of gaps with respect to user requirements;
- Facilitate interactions with business user during projects to ensure the solutions meet their needs;
- Facilitate the acceptance and roll out phases of systems and solutions including subsequent pilot phases.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience in eliciting and documenting user requirements in suitable formats, e.g. user stories, wire frames, requirements specifications, etc;
- Experience in analysing business processes, develop/evolve business processes in collaboration with business users;
- Experience in evaluating and matching COTS/Cloud solutions to user needs and identifying the solution that best match their needs;
- Thorough understanding of information and document management concepts, principles, processes and the related requirements;
- Experience of complex document management systems and of systems implementing various types of workflows supporting information management processes;
- Experience in system testing and in supporting acceptance and roll out activities for bespoke IT systems and COTS/Cloud solutions;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills, willingness to learn, able to work as part of a team and displaying a strong customer-oriented approach to interact with EUMETSAT personnel;
- Highly self-motivated with a high level of autonomy in working arrangements and the ability to apply initiative and creativity in the execution of tasks.
Experience / knowledge in any of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Experience of systems based on Oracle WebCenterContent and of workflows based on Oracle BPEL/SOA Suite;
- Certification or demonstrated experience in delivering software services according to ITIL;
- Demonstrated experience working in an ISO 27001 and ISO 9000 environment.
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in Computing, Software Engineering, Business Process Engineering or Requirements Engineering.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded A2/A3 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 5,612 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited on the basis of their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom.)