Operational Risk Officer, Cash Operations (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Negotiable GBP
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
* To undertake continuous monitoring of key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls leading to effective management of Operational Risk.
* Assist the UORM in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance with the prescribed operational risk management framework.
* Ensure proper management of risk and timely resolution of issues
Validation of Controls (Operational Risk Framework Control Sample Testing - CST)
* Perform CST and other relevant checks including upload of results into OPTIAL. Identify, assess, document and escalate exceptions.
* Ensure continuous monitoring on the ground, including Key Control Indicators.
* Work closely with the UORM and Unit/Team Manager to finalise exceptions / action items and review the same with the Risk Manager.
* Perform trend analysis on exceptions and identify systemic failures.
* Work with Unit/ Line Managers to design in-country CST and Key Control Self-Assessments (KCSA).
* Validate sampling techniques, results and exceptions arising thereof.
Incident Management (EORP - Enterprise Operational Risk Platform)
* Investigate, document and report operational losses, near misses, other risk events and treatment plans on EORP in partnership with Unit/ Line Managers.
* Reconcile losses reported in EORP with GL on monthly basis.
* Prepare reporting data packs for respective risk committees and meetings.
Process Risk Analysis (PRA)
* Play a key role in driving PRAs at unit level.
* Initiate and/or participate in PRA at the request of the process owner.
* Support Risk Managers in Product Program and Country Addendum related PRA reviews.
Risk Committee Meetings
* Country Risk Committee (CRC) - act as delegate for UORM; review and challenge unit-related data
* Information Technology & Operations (ITO) Risk Meeting - prepare data for submission
* Cash Management Services (CMS) Risk Meeting - act as delegate host for UORM and prepare data
* Perform spot checks and mystery shopping exercises and raise any exception through the risk reporting process.
* Perform thematic risk / control reviews.
* Validates adequate closure of audit findings.
* Support the UORM in pre-audit/ review preparation work by Risk/Unit/ Line staff.
* Review for progress and timely closure of audit findings.
Engagement (Hub / Spoke and any other service providers)
* Assess and highlight any risks associated with the Hub / Spoke and any other service providers.
* Act as delegate for the UORM in Service Review Meetings (SRM) with the Unit Heads/ Line Managers, identify/ highlighting any associated risk arising.
Risk & Control Initiatives
* Support implementation of risk and control initiatives
* Working in partnership with UORM, Country Unit/ Line Managers, Operations Head, Country CIO, Global Operations teams and other related functions.
* Group Business / Function OR Teams for calibration on how operational risk needs to be managed and other Group wide initiatives.
* Country Legal & Compliance for interpretation of and consultations on regulatory requirements.
* IT Service Delivery for clarification and addressing key system related issues.
* OR Specialist Team for coordinating various OR initiatives and BAU activities.
* Group OR for interpretation and effective implementation of GOR Policy and Procedures.
* Group Internal Audit and other auditors for audit and reviews
* No overdue CST and related control checks and/or remediating action items for risk and loss events.
* Exceptions and control weaknesses are detected and duly reported within 24 hours on discovery.
* Satisfactory reviews and/ or audits on the conduct of key control checks, documentation and record keeping.
* Maintainence of robust controls and monitoring actions.
* Strict adherence to key milestones set for risk initiative roll-outs
* Timely reporting and escalation of all operational risk exposures.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..